Edited by Buckwild
add

On 1/12/2021 at 5:29 PM, Buckwild said:

ET3.00 will allow both ET2.55 and ET2.60b clients connect:

https://filebase.trackbase.net/et/server/et300_README.txt

But, It says it doesn't work with NQ,

ET2.55+ might work, I can't find Linux version

Blackwolf! I already have 3 servers runing with ET3.0

Yeah! The nq 1.2.9 readme says only et 2.6b supported. And if i try to use the retail version of 1.29.b6 like you wrote Blackwolf, with et3.0 does not even let connect with 2.55. But look at this server: 5.9.148.175:27030

That let me in with 2.55 client and does not spam anything (how the f?)

couse

when i try 1.27 or 1.25 does not remember,
When i connect with 2.55 client i get a spam message like 30 seconds you playing with outdated et client update your game http:** dontknowhatsite,maybe trackbase.com/update

So i run noquarter 1.23 that let all client in without any spam.

119700358_recrusiveerror.png.a293ea3701cb693c9954a1c0503e18b9.png

That say nothing to me.

To me runing 2.6b +et3.0 is smoother then etlegacy... that making some fps lags on server. the same map same mod same settings. and weird but that making some spikes on another server too when run:D ETLEGACY is trash.

Bunkergaming server giving me same error when try to connect with 2.55.
Try it with fresh installed ET in Vmware now.

When tryed with Vmware give error on bunker i misd some official files... they dont deleted the bin pk3.
But on that server what i linked there is no et3.0 runing.

Maybe i just let go and happy with my 3 servers runing :) What is weird with older version NQ server get more joins. Anyway thanks for your time Black and Buck!

Edited by Rohambili

I've just taken a look at the official documentation for ET 3.00 and it does indeed state that ET 3.00 won't work with NQ 1.2.9. NQ seems to have a check in it that ensures it's only running on 2.60b. The server you mention appears to have the version removed to bypass the check, although I don't have that executable to hand to share unfortunately.

As mentioned before though, 2.55 is pretty much dead. There is no official download for 2.55 now and the masterlist there is rather lacking in servers. Most F|A servers now run ETL now so don't allow 2.55 players to connect, and they're well populated. I very much doubt you'll be missing out on many players :)

I think people runing same pc same os for long time... And have installed the old 2.55. Dont even know there is never version... I think couse i see on my server someone try to connect but cant... then check with old client and i cant 2... fixed and its ok now.

But yeah not a lot players what i missd from 2.55 :) The regulars going to your server and etc 2. they dont play on His own country with almost zero ping.
Hungarians... who understands.

No convergence

• 2 weeks later...