Overclocking my processor

FinZeroX

Hey

I'd like to overclock my FBS from 1.66 to 1.80 or 2.00. So how can I change Jumper speed on the AsRock motherboard or is it neccessary?

And do you need specific model info?

As much info about the CPU, RAM and Mobo would be appreciated. Since I don't know what type of BIOS AsRock uses it's pretty hard to know where to start. Looking in the BIOS to see if you can bump up the FSB speed would be a good place though.

As much info about the CPU, RAM and Mobo would be appreciated. Since I don't know what type of BIOS AsRock uses it's pretty hard to know where to start. Looking in the BIOS to see if you can bump up the FSB speed would be a good place though.

Ye but it says that I should set the motherboard jumper speed at the same level as FBS

Ye but it says that I should set the motherboard jumper speed at the same level as FBS

If you post as much info about the CPU, RAM and Mobo like NoGood said. I am sure he can help you. Bios as also important (some bios might have certain locked settings like the damn cpu or ram voltage, making it impossible to overclock)

Go to system information (My Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Information) to check for the name and version of the bios

Thanks Onion..and you nailed it.

Without knowing what motherboard and BIOS your using, it's impossible to say "Go do this to achieve this overclock". It's like saying "I have a toyota, how do I make it go faster".Occasionally I"ll look up the manual of the motherboard to see if it gives clues as to how you can overclock the motherboard.

To the best of my knowledge, the Semperons were never very good OC'ers, but you should still be able to squeeze something out of it....if not just for fun.