SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Feb 04 2017 08:18 AM
- Last Updated: Feb 04 2017 08:18 AM
- File Size: 58.02MB
- Views: 115
- Downloads: 0
- Approved by: daredevil
- Approved on: 04 February 2017 - 09:49 AM
Download Dingenskirchen Beta 2 beta 2
dfighter new map
December 1944: The noose tightens around the Reich's neck as Allied forces threaten to cross the Siegfried Line and advance into Germany. In a strategy meeting in an Eifel castle, German High Command has worked out plans on how to repel the invaders. Allied intelligence wants these plans destroyed before they can be distributed to the front line.
This map has three main objectives instead of one, two of which must be completed by the Allies in order to win the match. This was done in an attempt to prevent the massive objective camping by the defending team on some maps.
What's New in Version beta 2 (See full changelog)
- -----Beta 2-----
- • The primary subject of the complaints about the first beta were low FPS, which rendered the map virtually unplayable as soon as some action came into play (support fires, explosives etc).
- Due to the initial openness of the map, which didn't allow for any vis-blocking, a substantial rework of the basic layout was necessary.
- As a result, the openness has been ditched in favor of a mountain range in the center. This separates the map into two outer parts, village and river/tram.
- The third part is the castle, which still rests comfortly on top of everything awing the puny player.
- It was an intentional design choice to keep the castle visible in both outer parts of the map.
- This obviously means that on the very top of the castle's Bergfried you will see the entire map, which will drain your FPS.
- This has no huge impact on gameplay, as the Bergfried basically just serves as a cinematic lookout and has no purpose regarding the main objective.
- If you decide to camp on the Bergfried, we can't help you.
- • Another big issue was the cluttered castle layout, which made people get lost in the corridors and staircases.
- The castle interior derived from the Singleplayer structure of the first two RtCW levels and thus, did not look as streamlined as the Multiplayer maps we are all used to.
- The castle layout has since been improved: Staircases have been reduced to a minimum and all doorways have been set to a wider opening size, allowing for quick movement.
- There is now also proper routing inside the castle, which allows a bit diversity while still creating viable chokepoints.
- The overall castle has also received a visual remake increasing the nostalgic effect for the RTCW players among you.
- • The rather large pk3 size when comparing the map to other custom ET maps has been reported by many as well.
- A map is downloaded once in your entire ET career (unless you re-install). Modern internet connections aren't as shabby as they used to be.
- Hence, the pk3 size has increased from 50mb in beta 1 to 60mb in beta 2. There will never be a 'light' version.
- • We have also received complaints about the Nazi symbolism in the map.
- The banners have been present in RtCW and leaving them out would (in our opinion) take away some of the original atmosphere.
- You are playing a World-War 2 shooter game. Denying the fact that the Axis were actual Nazis is denying history.
- Never deny history, learn from it! Don't fear symbols, remember what they stand for and never let it happen again!
Other files you may be interested in ..
15 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users
Sogou (1), Bing (1), Baidu (5)