Game of Thrones S06E03

A new nice episode normally it builds up slow but im already looking forward to the upcomming episodes and oviously the season end
john snow seems to be back and his watch is over the end makes me want to see more fast. and I really hope he will be the new king of the north :P
arya stark her role in the upcomming story seems to be more then interesting she's bossss :P  I am missing all those nude lady's though not much sex this season thats a new thing I guess :P

really curious what john snow is going to become now he left castle black I haven't red the books so im clueless :D

Edited by DFighter
  • Like 3

Little bit of an underwhelming episode. I'm getting really bored of the Arya storyline hopefully her being back in the action won't be far off because I'm finding the whole 'a girl blah blah blah' extremely tedious. Same with Danerys - I've really had enough of the bloody Dothraki now.

Enjoying Kings Landing though, interesting to see the Lannister twins and FrankenMountain trying to get down to business even if they are somewhat isolated. Not really understanding the role of Kevan, he is the Hand and Tommen is now onside with his mum and Uncle Dad so his walking out of the small council meeting didn't really make a lot of sense to me. The whole Sparrow and Faith Millitant is a weird one. I get the whole talk of 'we are many, when we are together we are powerful' but at the end of the day real power comes from the blade of a sword (as Chairman Mao didn't say) and all the faith have are a few fanatics armed with clubs - the Lannisters and Tyrells combined control the largest armies in Westeros, the Kings Guard, the City Watch and FrankenMountain. In reality the Faith Militant would have been dealt with swiftly and brutally ages ago.

I hope that boat sinks and Sam and Gilly drown.

edit - I really don't think spoiler tags should be necessary afterall the topic title clearly says it's for episode 3 discussion

• Like 1

edit - I really don't think spoiler tags should be necessary afterall the topic title clearly says it's for episode 3 discussion

just to be sure im not the spoiler :D its only broadcasted in the usa when I posted the message I download it but many watch it today or this week on tv
and perhaps its because im so stupid :P but when I see something I like I click on it :D and I dont wanna spoil it for the others

about the rest 
the first episode I found really dissapointing but when I see the 2nd and 3rd episode and thinking back on the trailer they made im getting pretty exited for the upcomming episodes.
I think there will be a few highlights in the next episodes hehe and also as mentioned normally got is full with eeh adult things :P noticed last 3 episodes there's not much 
also the action aint really there yet a few important characters died but since I know got I know often main characters die and often unexpected but the way those characters died was indeed far more interesting then sofar this season but bored hell no I love the serie cant wait for the upcomming episodes 

• Like 1

I could t find this topic as easily as the first two topics but i got it!

Again a great episode. I agree that the story lines of the dragon queen and aya should speed up quickly now !!!

Cant wait till episode 4

Can't wait for CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE

Also, did Jon leave?

In that case, how did Sansa not see him on the path down?

Those flashbacks were bomb though, Arthur dane is a badass. Prime Barristan vs. Prime Arthur Dane? I say their equal with regular swords.

Can't wait for Drogon to come back.

So many questions, so many theories. 

They need to get this show over with!

• Like 1

I binge watched the first 5 seasons. Now I'm caught up and watching 1 episode per week is torture.

I did that with the first 4 seasons. Waiting for 5 was an absolute b***, then the first few episodes got leaked. But then I had to wait 4 more weeks so that wasn't good. Yeah waiting a week per episode sucks ass.

I finally got the point of Sparrows and church side of story. Now I wonder why it was kept out for so long. If you take a look to history then heads of kings were cut when the branch of church wasn´t right. Also usually the main forces are outside of city walls and common people are in advantage by numbers, only need one man\woman to speak up for people and against suppression and you get revolution. So its interesting to follow the game the so called "holy man" is playing. I´m curious what his real goals are?

In general GoT has been pacing slowly all the time, still it´s interesting to follow characters and the end of episode comes always too fast;) So can´t  say that this season is any different, maybe only the last season there was a bit more action...

EDIT: where did the quote go?
"
The whole Sparrow and Faith Millitant is a weird one. I get the whole talk of 'we are many, when we are together we are powerful' but at the end of the day real power comes from the blade of a sword (as Chairman Mao didn't say) and all the faith have are a few fanatics armed with clubs - the Lannisters and Tyrells combined control the largest armies in Westeros, the Kings Guard, the City Watch and FrankenMountain. In reality the Faith Militant would have been dealt with swiftly and brutally ages ago" by Huayna Capac
  • Like 2

I finally got the point of Sparrows and church side of story. Now I wonder why it was kept out for so long. If you take a look to history then heads of kings were cut when the branch of church wasn´t right. Also usually the main forces are outside of city walls and common people are in advantage by numbers, only need one man\woman to speak up for people and against suppression and you get revolution. So its interesting to follow the game the so called "holy man" is playing. I´m curious what his real goals are?

I see where they are coming from with it but I still don't see it as being realistic. A group of poorly equipped, poorly trained fanatics would have no chance against a real army. As George RR Martin likes his English Medieval history I'm guessing some of this is based on The Peasants' Revolt and the High Sparrow on the priest John Ball. It didn't end well for poor old John!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peasants%27_Revolt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ball_(priest)

Well neither are the flying dragons realistic but its a fantasy show.

Also I don´t remember the last season well but didn´t the queen mother support the Sparrow at first and then it backflashed her, also wasn´t the king weak afterwards? And by the time they thought they could do anything against the faithful lunatics the mob already had seen the weakness of powerful people They lost the power over the council also with the move and without rich people support they don´t have money to buy mercaneries... Now the queen is trying to wiggle out of the grasp but they need to build up better network than sparrows have atm...

• Like 2