Religion?!

Papito

THe whole "what do you have to lose" or the "better believe--just is cast there is a god" seems a bit disrespectful imo. I am agnostic so I dont subscribe to any belief systems that were created by man to convince me that there is a god that i must fear and respect. I dont deny that a god exists.., i just need proof.

Nobody has any.

There is none.

Please dont try to sell me some "mother nature/life force" load of crap. Show me some proof and I will fall to me knees now. The truth is none of you have any proof. What you have is faith. Faith is a good thing -- but its not enough for me. I wish it were sometimes.

Let me say that I believe that we are spiritual beings that will continue on after this life ends but I have no idea where or how. I dont even have total faith in that---its just something that I hope will happen. Between now and the time that I cash in my chips, I am going to try to be a good person. Try to help others when in need. Try to not let my ego control me. Try not to harm anyone else.

In summary....just try and be a good person and make honorable decisions in my life. If I do this then I will have nothing to fear.

• Like 1

i was born... then adopted.. and THEN raised in a christian home.

so.. i know about the bible, and christianity and all its FUN stuff......

But when it really comes down to it. How do we know? How can we be so sure..

Sure, ive said the prayer and my heart belongs to God, but what if?

What if my sins send me to hell, will my prayers save me? Will they be answered?

Is there a heaven, hell? Is there a God. Is there a Satan.

we can never be sure, until the day comes that we are called our each ways.

But.

Is Evolution really possible? DId monkeys REALLY turn into humans over MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF YEARS. personally.. i think thats fukin bullshit

how the fuk. BUT on the other hand i saw this guy the other day that really looked like a monkey. so i thought, is it really possible>??

or did i eat far too much acid.. Bottom line is everyone has their unique opinion about life and its encounters/problems/solutions. It is up to you to decide what you really believe, and what really makes sense to you.

tell you one thing tho. I believe in the tree of life. = Marijuana.

what do you have to lose? is that the question that you ask yourself before you pray? seems like the wrong motivational approach to the whole "god" thing

well.. you really dont have anything to lose. you come to the table bringing nothing. then you pray. when all is said and done.. what have you really lost.. maybe 5 minutes of your life, nothing more.

• Like 1

Is Evolution really possible? DId monkeys REALLY turn into humans over MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF YEARS. personally.. i think thats fukin bullshit

how the fuk. BUT on the other hand i saw this guy the other day that really looked like a monkey. so i thought, is it really possible>??

or did i eat far too much acid.. Bottom line is everyone has their unique opinion about life and its encounters/problems/solutions. It is up to you to decide what you really believe, and what really makes sense to you.

well...i believe in darwins theory of evolution...and since our DNA is nearly same to the dna of monkeys the probability is even higher.

not just the dna is nearly the same but also other characteristics

e.g. we have as many hair on our body as monkey...they just have longer hairs

also the structure of all our bones are quite the same

where else do u suppose humans come from?

u will enjoy this vid :P :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaO0LNhKcQ

well.. you really dont have anything to lose. you come to the table bringing nothing. then you pray. when all is said and done.. what have you really lost.. maybe 5 minutes of your life, nothing more.

what your saying to do is just going through the motions. thats not having faith. that would not get you into heaven--per the bible.

i'm a lutheran, and first of all, i think that catholicsm is total bullshit. god tells us to do some stuff and they completely blow it out of proportion.

anyway, i think that creationism and darwinism go hand in hand. God creates the thing that caused the big bang (the name escapes me atm) and then he creates earth from the big bang. somewhere along the way from evolution, He causes the gene that makes humans and voila! humans appear. these humans learn about god, and then somewhere along the way, the humans go to other places, god "evolves" into different versions of christianity: islam, judaism, christianity, etc.

but i believe that what and how much someone believes in god depends on what happens in your life, and your decision on what to do about it. example: if your life is crappy, shit happens all the time, you might turn to religion to rely on a greater being, or you can say "what the hell, no one's helping me in anything." but if your life is awesome, and you get everything you want, you might believe in god and thank him for miracles, or you can say "i did this all myself, along with some luck and magic."

idk really, these are just the thoughts of a fifteen-year-old :P

Hmmm can't figure out how to do quotes on here but :

"well.. you really dont have anything to lose. you come to the table bringing nothing. then you pray. when all is said and done.. what have you really lost.. maybe 5 minutes of your life, nothing more. "

and the original fire insurance version of Christianity or religions to me is bs. It doesn't make sense to say 'hey do a prayer before you eat and before you go to bed you don't actually have to believe anything just do the prayers and its all good, if your right you go to heaven if your wrong you'll just rot anyways' because if you look at the scripture behind any of the religions although prayer is part of going to heaven it doesn't guarantee anything the only way your guaranteed salvation (with Christianity anyways) is to repent your sins and truly believe that God exists, so if your doing it kinda "just in case" but don't really believe in it then its kinda pointless to do it. Personally I was raised as a Christian although I don't really go to church and I swear, drink etc. so I do know what I'm talking about, in Christianity anyways haha. But back to my point really if you want to convince people to "be saved" telling them to pray "just in case" isn't helping them at all. Its completely pointless lmao /quit v55 might check this again later to see any responses but will probably forget haha.

Religion is very simple, It was made as a means for people to deal with their own mortality (death), then over time like anything else with humans, it focused more on power/ corruption to control people and situations. As for evolution from primates as someone recently posted, if that is true, then why aren't primates fully evolved like us? or why aren't they evolving now, or any other species evolving for that matter, seems like a failed argument to me anyway you debate it. In a general scope of everything, I think people need and want something to believe in concerning death and more importantly what may or may not happen after death. Its basic instinct for humans to survive, so its no wonder such things as religion have been made as a result. I also think everyone's biggest fear is not existing after death, quite simple idea but yet quite incomprehensible at the same time.

Edited by matthewX

When my wife was pregnant with our second daughter, Haley, the doctor told us she would probably have Down's Syndrome because the back of her neck had a six-centimeter fold (somehow this is a genetic indicator of Down's) but we decided to keep her anyway because it would be a mortal sin to kill an unborn child according to the religion I was raised in.

Luckily she was absolutely normal and highly intelligent. She is laying in my lap right now sleeping as I surf this forum after working all day to support my family. So that is my best example of how faith can be real, and trusting in God can provide miracles even though I can't explain how it all works.

And that's all I really can say.

When my wife was pregnant with our second daughter, Haley, the doctor told us she would probably have Down's Syndrome because the back of her neck had a six-centimeter fold (somehow this is a genetic indicator of Down's) but we decided to keep her anyway because it would be a mortal sin to kill an unborn child according to the religion I was raised in.

Luckily she was absolutely normal and highly intelligent. She is laying in my lap right now sleeping as I surf this forum after working all day to support my family. So that is my best example of how faith can be real, and trusting in God can provide miracles even though I can't explain how it all works.

And that's all I really can say.

causuality

lol, topic became quite popular ;o

I'm a Catholic an I believe in God. I'm raised in Catholic family.

I'm not going to argue who has right about it cuz it's gonna be never ending argue who has right about that ;)

i'm a lutheran, and first of all, i think that catholicsm is total bullshit. god tells us to do some stuff and they completely blow it out of proportion.

anyway, i think that creationism and darwinism go hand in hand. God creates the thing that caused the big bang (the name escapes me atm) and then he creates earth from the big bang. somewhere along the way from evolution, He causes the gene that makes humans and voila! humans appear. these humans learn about god, and then somewhere along the way, the humans go to other places, god "evolves" into different versions of christianity: islam, judaism, christianity, etc.

but i believe that what and how much someone believes in god depends on what happens in your life, and your decision on what to do about it. example: if your life is crappy, shit happens all the time, you might turn to religion to rely on a greater being, or you can say "what the hell, no one's helping me in anything." but if your life is awesome, and you get everything you want, you might believe in god and thank him for miracles, or you can say "i did this all myself, along with some luck and magic."

idk really, these are just the thoughts of a fifteen-year-old :P

Hi Kristy....

I know you are young, so I'm gonna give you a suggestion. Religion is a very sensitive topic. People might follow one and not agree with another .. which is fine, normal ... however, you shouldn't say something like "I think that Catholicism is bs". It is extremely offensive. Just put yourself in their shoes.. what if someone came up here and said "I think Lutheranism is Bs."? How would you feel?

You dont have to agree with every religion there is... but you do have to respect them.

In case you are wondering.. I'm NOT catholic.

Hmmm can't figure out how to do quotes on here but :

"well.. you really dont have anything to lose. you come to the table bringing nothing. then you pray. when all is said and done.. what have you really lost.. maybe 5 minutes of your life, nothing more. "

and the original fire insurance version of Christianity or religions to me is bs. It doesn't make sense to say 'hey do a prayer before you eat and before you go to bed you don't actually have to believe anything just do the prayers and its all good, if your right you go to heaven if your wrong you'll just rot anyways' because if you look at the scripture behind any of the religions although prayer is part of going to heaven it doesn't guarantee anything the only way your guaranteed salvation (with Christianity anyways) is to repent your sins and truly believe that God exists, so if your doing it kinda "just in case" but don't really believe in it then its kinda pointless to do it. Personally I was raised as a Christian although I don't really go to church and I swear, drink etc. so I do know what I'm talking about, in Christianity anyways haha. But back to my point really if you want to convince people to "be saved" telling them to pray "just in case" isn't helping them at all. Its completely pointless lmao /quit v55 might check this again later to see any responses but will probably forget haha.

if you notice at the bottom right every post there is 2 buttons that say "reply" and "multiquote"

you would click reply if you want to quote that post, and multiquote if you choose to quote more than one.