Can you swim well?

InZo009

If you can do well, I envy you. I nearly escaped from being drowned in the pool when I was 12 years old.

That trauma from the accident made me be afraid of water itself very seriously.

No! I can't swim until now... We call him "A beer bottle" who can't swim at all.

Yes that 's me....Sad....

BUT I decided to overcome this sucking trauma the other day.

If you have any advice (whatever will be good) , give me one, plz!

I really really want to be able to swim. Have a good day!

I dont know how old you are but same thing happened to me when i was young i almost drowned in a canal.I took private lessons when i was 15 cos you are so strong at that age you will learn to swim in a few hours and like it for the rest of your life .

Find someone you realy trust and who is strong he teach you to swim without being scared to sink cos he will help you . I even joined the dutch marines (watercowboys) after i grew up .

SO GO DO IT NOW .

• Administrators

I can relate to that, when I was 6 my cousin and I were pushing each other by the pool he pushed me hard and knocked all the air out of my lungs, I lost my footing and fell in, thank god my dad was right there and he was able to save me. But I got over it pretty quick. I noticed the same thing about driving. After being hit bad by a drunk driver I was a bit reluctant to get back in the driver seat right away, I had this feeling that any second someone is gonna crash into me. Human mind is a b***. I take my kids to swimming classes at a local community center and there are some older people that are learning to swim, so it doesn't really matter how old you are.

Normal reaction. I had the same feelings after being almoust dead/killed. Your fear will dissapear after your first step into water. And be sure someone experienced teaches you. Good luck!

I can swim well,i also feel your trauma.I almost drowned too lady alex,this summer we were swimming in river.And all of the suden friends started talking about who has balls to let his self down the rapids i was like why not it doesn't look so dangerous,i climbed few rocks to the other part of river(it's inpossible to swim straight to the river because of the river's holster)when i finally went there i jumped into the wather and leted myself to the river's rapids,it was freaking awesome untill river didn't pull me under the wather for like 4-5 seconds,i was so scared i thought i will drown LOL!When i got back on surface i found myself 200 meters further then i should be (we were like calculating half of hour where should i end bla bla bla lmao)i think i scared friends more then i did myself lol!

PS:I'll never again swim there,not because of rapids i love em still lol,but because of snakes.Last time we had BBQ party there i saw like 2-3 snakes in the river :unsure:

Edited by Husa

Thank you for all your kind advices.

I went to local sports center and applied to the course of swimming.

Yes, you all are right. I know I need more self-confidence and to just jump into water.

But whenever I faced water (something like a deep pool or river or sea), sometimes I heard ghost whispering "Let's dive together or let's swim with me." until 2005.

My doctor said this is my trauma from the accident. Although I don't hear that sound lately, I had many difficulties in deciding to go to local sports center for myself.

3 months. The instructor said she can make me swim smoothly ,perfectly ,dynamically and beautifully in that period of time.

I want to believe her, lol.