Server Update COD 4 - Kill Box - Few changes.

daredevil

• Administrators

1. Killcam is going to remain OFF on BOTH servers.

2. Grenade launchers are allowed for time being till I fix the auto kicks for it.

3. If I see ANY admin using !kick directly without warning player he will loose his admin status on server. Their will be no if no but.

4. Their is no need to warn someone for using marty. Admin system auto kicks for it.

If you warned the player in past and he is still using it feel free to kick. I have coded extended log system which will monitor all your warns and sub subsequent kicks for the same player and/or PID. To make it more clear I am giving few examples:

Example 1:

1. Player is using marty. If you warn him and if he gets auto kicked for marty admin system will log your GUID in admin_abuse.log. If I see more then 3 times your GUID in admin_abuse.log you will loose your admin commands on server.

Example 2:

1. Player A joins server and is using last stand. If you kick him directly without any warn your GUID will be logged in admin_abuse.log. Now, if you had warned player before for using last stand 3 times and he still joins back server and uses last stand then you can directly kick him. Admin system will check if your warn for player A in past 30 minutes is found in logs or not. If it doesn't find any match then it will put admin(your) GUID in admin_abuse.log.

I have been running that system for few days and I have pre admin_abuse.log ready. This is open notice to all that members who like to show their e-penis by directly kicking other players without any warn.

Don't be cry baby when you will loose your admin commands. Their will be no if no but. Feel free to find some another clan which allows directly kicking players from the server. I believe in helping players rather then kicking players instantly of the server. If you don't believe in helping other players and only believe in kicking directly, then I believe you shouldn't be in the community which we have made.

That being said those members saying we can't play on 1.6 because by mistake we patched our cod4 to 1.7 then here is the patch selector for you! Just download and install it.

Click Me To Download Patch Selector

Tutorial for patch select provided by Higgeo:

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/26-cod4-patch-selector/

What is when someone uses Last stand every day und you has kicked/warned him so many times in the FA history and he uses Last stand again am i allowed to instant kick him?

Cause he have to know the rules after 5 days of playing on our server.

• Administrators

What is when someone uses Last stand every day und you has kicked/warned him so many times in the FA history and he uses Last stand again am i allowed to instant kick him?

Cause he have to know the rules after 5 days of playing on our server.

We will just issue temp ban for it. We have started revising active members. Members who are active on forums and server will be promoted to co leader once they get 100% yes from each co leader, leader and founder. Loki is promoted to leader and we have open 5 new spots for co leader.

Those members who have helped in past and till now in recruiting will be promoted. Referral system has been added for a while and all the referrals will be taken into consideration.

Example 1:

1. Player is using marty. If you warn him and if he gets auto kicked for marty admin system will log your GUID in admin_abuse.log. If I see more then 3 times your GUID in admin_abuse.log you will loose your admin commands on server.

How is this admin abuse? If you warn him martryrdom is banned and he removes it, it's a job well done. If he doesn't remove it, and gets auto-kicked, ok, he can't say he wasnt warned and you were making sure he knew the rule. If you warn him, and he doesn't remove it, but he doesn't get autokicked because his martrydom never kills anyone, why can't you kick him? Just because it doesn't kill somebody, doesn't mean martryrdom doesn't affect gameplay. Too often I kill a guy who has martrydom while flanking, and I get forced to either retreat hastily, or rush headlong into the enemy. The alternative is just retarded. And the other two choices almost always result in me dying prematurely.

And plus, if you warn him and he doesn't remove it, kicking him before he kills somebody with martrydom would be more effective than waiting for him to kill somebody. Why should you be forced to wait for him to be auto-kicked?

Then there's trouble players that always come back and don't listen. I really don't want to be bothered with having kick everytime he comes back. Especially if he' trying to be a troll. That would just feed his fire. If you're going to implement this system, make it so that if somebody gets admin kicked by 3 or something different people it implements a temp ban. Or if he gets kicked 5 times within a certain amount of time he gets temp banned. That way there's at least some sort of defense against those players.

So far, this new system seems flawed.

How is this admin abuse? If you warn him martryrdom is banned and he removes it, it's a job well done. If he doesn't remove it, and gets auto-kicked, ok, he can't say he wasnt warned and you were making sure he knew the rule. If you warn him, and he doesn't remove it, but he doesn't get autokicked because his martrydom never kills anyone, why can't you kick him? Just because it doesn't kill somebody, doesn't mean martryrdom doesn't affect gameplay. Too often I kill a guy who has martrydom while flanking, and I get forced to either retreat hastily, or rush headlong into the enemy. The alternative is just retarded. And the other two choices almost always result in me dying prematurely.

And plus, if you warn him and he doesn't remove it, kicking him before he kills somebody with martrydom would be more effective than waiting for him to kill somebody. Why should you be forced to wait for him to be auto-kicked?

Then there's trouble players that always come back and don't listen. I really don't want to be bothered with having kick everytime he comes back. Especially if he' trying to be a troll. That would just feed his fire. If you're going to implement this system, make it so that if somebody gets admin kicked by 3 or something different people it implements a temp ban. Or if he gets kicked 5 times within a certain amount of time he gets temp banned. That way there's at least some sort of defense against those players.

I am gunna have to agree with malo on this. This new system seems more of a hinderance than anything because now I, as an admin, am scared to kick somebody because i dont know if am allowed to. Not only that but some of the time autokick doesnt work so we have to kick the martrydom users ourselves, will that show up as admin abuse? I cant count the number of times i have thrown myself on a grenade from marty only to have that guy remain on the server. I just dont see the point in this, it makes us afraid to do our jobs.

This is simple for me. I just never worry about it since it auto kicks. If I am playing in a match I actually run on top of their martyrdom drop so they do get kicked when i die :P Otherwise I know they'll get autokicked anyway soon enough...

I do have one question though DareDevil - What about if a clan member wants in the server and people are in spec AFK - Don't clan members have prefrence? Would we be able to kick AFK players to make room?

1. Player A joins server and is using last stand. If you kick him directly without any warn your GUID will be logged in admin_abuse.log. Now, if you had warned player before for using last stand 3 times and he still joins back server and uses last stand then you can directly kick him. Admin system will check if your warn for player A in past 30 minutes is found in logs or not. If it doesn't find any match then it will put admin(your) GUID in admin_abuse.log.

A question about this. Let's say I see another member warn someone 3 times for Last Stand and they get kicked. Then they come back and still have Last Stand. Am I allowed to kick them, or do I need to warn them 3 times before I can start kicking them?

Another question, let's say after I've warned this person 3 times for Last Stand and they get kicked. then they come back. I kick them. But then they do this for an hour. I continue to kick them through that hour. That's past the 30 minutes you specified, so will that also get counted as admin abuse?

• Administrators

No. If a player will be auto kicked more then 5 times within 1 day he/she will be temp banned by higher level admin for 3 days.

@Tomato you don't need to do this for hour. It's just simple 3 days temp ban and hence we will get more higher up's. There is no reason to waist time kicking some noob over and over again.

@dabo. Their is no reason to warn someone for using marty. System auto warn 2 times and 3rd is kick. We can say one time he missed to see his warning and even if he misses 2nd time to see it then it's his fault.

Everyone who joins the server doesn't know the rule. I have seen members !kicking directly without warning player verbally that please remove marty. It's duty of admin to tell new regular that hey dude remove the marty because we don't allow it. But one or two dumb ass admins just !kick directly. Admins are chosen to help regular and not to kick directly.

@malo While i was fixing grenade kicks I checked all logs to see why it's not picking up grenade launcher log info. While fixing that I found their are many !kicks in admin system logged with reason marty kicks and that player was not using marty. That clearly indicates one/few admins are just kicking on the name of marty because either they are pissed off or they don't like someone. Above rule will fix it.

I see no point in !warning someone when system does it auto. I have also seen in past that one admin was !warning player within 2 sec. WTF? Give the new regular chance to remove his marty?

No. If a player will be auto kicked more then 5 times within 1 day he/she will be temp banned by higher level admin for 3 days.

@Tomato you don't need to do this for hour. It's just simple 3 days temp ban and hence we will get more higher up's. There is no reason to waist time kicking some noob over and over again.

@dabo. Their is no reason to warn someone for using marty. System auto warn 2 times and 3rd is kick. We can say one time he missed to see his warning and even if he misses 2nd time to see it then it's his fault.

Everyone who joins the server doesn't know the rule. I have seen members !kicking directly without warning player verbally that please remove marty. It's duty of admin to tell new regular that hey dude remove the marty because we don't allow it. But one or two dumb ass admins just !kick directly. Admins are chosen to help regular and not to kick directly.

@malo While i was fixing grenade kicks I checked all logs to see why it's not picking up grenade launcher log info. While fixing that I found their are many !kicks in admin system logged with reason marty kicks and that player was not using marty. That clearly indicates one/few admins are just kicking on the name of marty because either they are pissed off or they don't like someone. Above rule will fix it.

I see no point in !warning someone when system does it auto. I have also seen in past that one admin was !warning player within 2 sec. WTF? Give the new regular chance to remove his marty?

Thanks for clariying. I'm not 100% convinced this would work for the best, but I see where you're coming from, so I'll respect it.

Okay thanks, I'm glad that we'll be adding more co-leaders. It's just that since I switched back to CoD4 from MW2 I've seen very little higher ups in the regular server. It really sucks when one guy just keeps coming back with nobody other than the ability to kick to do something.

But could you please answer my other question? If someone else warns someone 3 times and they get kicked and come back can I kick or do I need to do 3 warns of my own?

But I will admit I see people kicking outright and I usually try to say something about it, so I hope this will do something about that.

1. Killcam is going to remain OFF on BOTH servers.

2. Grenade launchers are allowed for time being till I fix the auto kicks for it.

3. If I see ANY admin using !kick directly without warning player he will loose his admin status on server. Their will be no if no but.

4. Their is no need to warn someone for using marty. Admin system auto kicks for it.

If you warned the player in past and he is still using it feel free to kick. I have coded extended log system which will monitor all your warns and sub subsequent kicks for the same player and/or PID. To make it more clear I am giving few examples:

Example 1:

Example 2:

I have been running that system for few days and I have pre admin_abuse.log ready. This is open notice to all that members who like to show their e-penis by directly kicking other players without any warn.

Don't be cry baby when you will loose your admin commands. Their will be no if no but. Feel free to find some another clan which allows directly kicking players from the server. I believe in helping players rather then kicking players instantly of the server. If you don't believe in helping other players and only believe in kicking directly, then I believe you shouldn't be in the community which we have made.

That being said those members saying we can't play on 1.6 because by mistake we patched our cod4 to 1.7 then here is the patch selector for you! Just download and install it.

Click Me To Download Patch Selector

Tutorial for patch select provided by Higgeo:

http://fearless-assa...patch-selector/

Completely off topic: is it possible for you to let me take a look at the code. I'm interested at how you did it. It's for my own personal knowledge. It's not a problem if you prefer to keep your source closed.

Thx

so this uh co-leader thing is this killbox or hc or both?.............and the temp ban for 3days usually ends up me interuppting k.o. playing whatever (fixing his ipod,killing his vacum,etc) to temp ban i dont seem to se many people above member that i know of on

Edited by Tomdaddy