• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account

Need some help with a COD4 re-install....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

The Smoke

The Smoke

I will kill anyone who walks on my lawn

• COD Trial
  • 2,659 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:11
  • Server:COD4 #3
  • T-M:12-9

This is a really annoying problem that I am having since I installed COD4 into my new system with Windows 7 Pro on it.

When I am going around the map, it keeps pausing for a msec when I reach certain areas.  It's like it is loading the next section of the map.

Also, everytime I score a kill, the screen freezes for a msec or so.

I never saw this problem before, until Win7.  Now I have updated my drivers and stuff but this is annoying.  I don't know if it is sound or video

causing this problem.  The sound on this board is the IDT surround from intel.  This is an intel MB.  I am still running my GT9600 NVidia video

Now here is the weird thing.  When I first built this PC and had it running for a day or two, I installed COD4 and patched it to ver 7 and reinstalled

my config and profile settings, it ran great.  But, when the HDD started to fail, I had to put in another HDD and rebuild it from scratch again.

Since then, I have had this little hesitation in COD4.

Anyone know any reason why this could be happening.  I am running the sound system into my Logitech headset as stereo 44hz.  I am running

COD4 in 22hz to same some bandwidth timing.  I have always done that.

I am going to try another set of headphones that plugs into the audio card directly instead of USB like the Logitech.  I will see if that makes any

Thanks fellas

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

• Co-Leader
  • 6,256 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:19
  • Server:COD4 #3
  • Alias:=F|A=Chameleon
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:58393770
  • T-M:11-6 COD4

What are the HDD specs?

Pinkie nooooo!

• Recruiting Team
  • 3,155 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:16
  • Server:COD4 #1
  • T-M:ET: 0-0
    CoD: 14-4
    TF2: 0-0

I highly doubt that the headphones will fix the problem.  For me, it doesn't actually sound like a problem with the HDD, but instead with the game itself. Like the game memory was corrupted. But then again I've been wrong.