stable fps, but still lagging

PiaNist

Hi! I've recently upgraded my laptop with specs i7 3630M, 8GB, nvidia gt 650M GDDR5 etc. then went to server to play some ET & I've noticed that i keep lagging & getting that 'connection interrupted' while my FPS is very stable @ 125. I'm thinking there must be something with my Nvidia setting or config that needs to be changed but I don't know what it is. I've never lagged like this with my old laptop :( Can you help? :)

I had the same problem, here it is what should help you, click right button, then nvidia control panel then click on 3d settings management then u see Anisotropic filtering which is on, so change it into off, below u can lower some settings or change it to off too. it should help. :)

i think you need to adapt your config to your new material...correct me if im wrong?

this is what i'm also thinking. question is how? i'm a noob when it comes to this.

anisotropic filtering & threaded optimization are already turned off when i played. connection works fine. i dont think connection is the problem. btw, how do i check connection cvars?

thanks!

I never correct my config(using the same for years now) and I play et on a shitload of machines with all kind of hardware specs and different internet speeds...

That really shouldn't be causing problems.

only et commands for network related things I know are:

/rate 45000

/cl_maxpackets 100

You can try to do a winmtr on your laptop to the et server:

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/400-winmtr-64-bit/

So you can see if there is a connection issue.

how do i check connection cvars?

by doing /players in the console by that you can see what rate and maxpackets and nudge ur currently using and it let's you see others also, so if you see someone 1 with bad settings you can tell them to use better values to improve their gaming experience. Edited by Zephyr

this is my connection setting:

// [connection]

seta rate "32000"

seta snaps "20"

seta cl_maxpackets "100"

seta cl_timenudge "0"

seta cl_doubletapdelay "0"

seta cl_packetdup "1"

seta cl_allowdownload "1"

seta cl_pitchspeed "140"

seta cl_yawspeed "140"

seta pb_security "0"

seta pb_sleep "500"

should i change anything above to adapt my config to my current specs

i'll try to re-install ET again & run pk3 cleaner later when i get back from work.

thanks mates!

edit: will run winmtr later tnx!

problem solved. for those who are having the same issues, here's the solution that worked for me:

Uninstall your wireless adapter driver in your pc/laptop (go to device manager-under network adapters, uninstall the your wireless adapter)

Restart pc

Re-install the driver then restart your pc again