LootCrate - Monthly geek and gamer subscription box

Corey

US ONLY

Just found out about this and thought it was pretty neat... Its called Loot Crate where they send you cool gifts each month in a box with gamer and geeky stuff inside. It does cost a monthly fee of course. Figured I would try it out for a few months and then probably cancel :)

Unfortunately they do only send to people inside the US atm.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/43985

Edited by Corey

haha will do :)

They only ship out on the 20th of each month so I won't receive my first box until after November 20th :(

• 4 weeks later...

Just received my lootcrate today!! here is what I got!

20121125004501.jpg

main gift in the box is a master chief halo helmet shirt! pretty cool :D

20121125004510.jpg

pwn gum lol. its gum with caffeine in it :P

20121125004518.jpg

miny rubiks cube with instructions and another sticker

20121125004532.jpg

tobuscus slap bracelet because a lot of people from toby's audience (including myself) signed up. So they sent a slap bracelet to all the customers. Also a minecraft creeper sticker and another gaming sticker.

overall not bad....but not sure if its worth it.

with a coupon code and a $3 savings for signing up for 3 months it came out to be $49.60 for three months which is 16.53 a month or 16.53 a box. Little pricey, but the shirt is kinda nice. will see what i get over the next two months, but I probably won't continue

Edited by Corey

Tobuscus! I'm jealous.... :P

with a coupon code and a $3 savings for signing up for 3 months it came out to be $49.60 for three months which is 16.53 a month or 16.53 a box. Little pricey, but the shirt is kinda nice. will see what i get over the next two months, but I probably won't continue

I wonder if it gets better as the months go by?

Edited by ajnl

• 4 weeks later...

Alright just got my 2nd lootcrate box in today and I am pretty happy with the contents.

20121221160037.jpg

It's 13:37 somewhere bottle opener lol

20121221160047.jpg

Christmas doodle jump guy that you put on your wall. Not a sticker.

20121221160100.jpg

33% off wallgraphics like the doodle jump guy. Atari gum container with gum inside. Black wristband that says Gamer and Geek.

20121221160127.jpg

Honey Badger don't care and Superhero Domo plush animals :P

Got a cool little membership card with my name and member number also.

I kinda think that the money you are giving them is what they are using to get you the gifts.

Maybe you can search the price of each item they got you and add it up to see if it's the same amount of money you are paying for membership.

I kinda think that the money you are giving them is what they are using to get you the gifts.

Maybe you can search the price of each item they got you and add it up to see if it's the same amount of money you are paying for membership.

That's kinda obvious :P Problem here is, on a large scale the 'gifts' received would only cost a fraction of the subscription price on a wholesale basis.. But I've no doubt that you get more worth than you've actually spent.. But the problem is you probably wont want half of it >.<

Yeah I'm sure since they buy everything in bulk they get a great deal on it. The neat thing about the subscription is they find neat stuff that you wouldn't know to look for or even know exist. Chuckun is right though some of the stuff is not always desirable. Kinda like the rubiks cube keychain and some of the stickers they send. I don't really have a great place to put stickers so I wouldn't really try to go out and find them even though some of them are cool :P

The crate i got in this week from what I could find on the internet price wise looked like this.

Honey Badger Don't Care Plush - the one i got is about 7 inches tall, but the only one i could find online was 15 inches tall and was 12.99 so this may be worth $8

Domo superhero plush - $8.99

Doodle Jump wall sticker - $15.99 (which i did put on my wall lol)

bottle opener - prolly would cost a few dollars

geek/gamer wristband - few dollars

atari collectible joysick with gum - $3.95

which comes to a total of around $40. So considering I pay around $16.53 a box it worked out alright this month :) I hope they can keep it up!

Yeah I'm sure since they buy everything in bulk they get a great deal on it. The neat thing about the subscription is they find neat stuff that you wouldn't know to look for or even know exist. Chuckun is right though some of the stuff is not always desirable. Kinda like the rubiks cube keychain and some of the stickers they send. I don't really have a great place to put stickers so I wouldn't really try to go out and find them even though some of them are cool :P

You can always collect a box of the stuff you don't want and sell those boxes on ebay. never know what you can get for it.

Like lets say about 50% of the stuff you get you don't want, after two boxes, you could sell those things in one of the boxes or w/e on ebay. lol

Edited by ajnl
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got another lootcrate in today :P

7 piece dice set :P

20130125164046.jpg

Hello Panda Chocolate cookie things

20130125164056.jpg

Assortment of random 80's videogame stickers and pens

20130125164130.jpg

Captain America Tin Box

20130125164144.jpg

Of course they send me more stickers :P and they were related to the 80's so that is kind of before my time considering i was born in 89. Tin can was pretty neat though and the chocolate cookies are almost gone. I never played RPG boardgames so the dice have no real meaning to me, but they look cool :P

overall... 5/10

Haha naw not yet. I actually cleared a shelf on my book case to display all the items I have gotten :P My brother is a little older than me so maybe the 80's sticks will interest him.