The reset of admin levels / EXP, ETKey problem.

12eh1yg3dqehbcaj

Hello everyone. It's me again, with another problem... :S

The problem concerns my etkey and the loss of my admin levels on jay4. So, yesterday I decided to make a demo of a guy who was playing in a very suspicious way. When I stopped recording I left the game and launched it through the ET.exe file. I pressed the "mods" button and chose Jaymod to check the demos recorded in that folder. After a few minutes of checking the demos I quit the game. At this point my etkey was messed up. I rejoined the jay4 server and realized I had no EXP and admin levels to do my job. Does anyone know what the problem is? It's been a 2nd time when it happened to me. It's really irritating when I keep losing my levels every time I watch a demo of a suspected cheater... If there's a solution, I'm looking forward to see it. Greetings and thanks in advance for your help!

Either you have a new GUID (etkey file) or J4 user.db was reset. /pb_cl_enable and latest patch?

please contact available coleaders+ on xfire to have you set on servers, this is way faster than the other undisclosed procedure. and am sure nobody wont like it if you keep on messing with your etkey file, and every now and then you need to be set. :P

Did you get your level back after the first time or someone had to set you?

Also, when you loose your level like this, do /cl_guid and see if you have the same guid as submitted here.

Message me on xfire when you need level set.

It seems that my etkey is gone even though I did a back-up. I've already set a new one, hope this problem won't appear in the future. Anyway I still don't know what caused the loss of my etkey, all I did was a demo preview.

• 5 years later...
  • Leader

my profile is missing but when i create a new one it says already exist but when i put a new one my profile is there but my exp is gone

You have had 3 different GUIDS on Jay#1 since 7 November.  Two different ones show there on 5 and 6 December.

It looks like perhaps you reinstalled or somehow lost or changed the "etkey" file that is in the etmain folder in your Wolfenstein ET program folder.

If you can't find your "old" etkey-files, then backup the one that you have now to somewhere else.  Some people email it to themselves.  If you ever have to reinstall ET or your HD crashes, then you can just copy that etkey file into your new installation.