Gameplay

Moron4

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?keywords=&view#/gameplay

So I watched the gameplay movie, and now I'm kinda worried. Diablos gameplay looks exactly like Titan quests. Same kind of third person view, same kind of enviroment (For example the gameplay movie of diablo i posted has the same scenery ad TQ immortal throne), the characters are the same (for example the barbarian is a conqueror (sword + shield masteries), the witch doctor is a necromancer (i think it's called that way, rogue + spirit masteries)), the chests have the same function, trap triggers. Even the interface is the same.

It really isn't that much of a problem, skills are different and the like, but since it's the same gameplay as TQ, I'm scared of getting bored of it too quickly, I finished TQ 6 times after all.

I know Diablo existed before TQ but still, this much resemblance? When I first watched the gameplay trailer, I thought I was watching a sequel of Titan quest instead of a sequel of Diablo.

What do you guys think?

The resemblance is TQ's doing, much liek the series Torchlight.

I prefer Diablo over any clone, only for the simple fact that the story is amazing in Diablo.

Also, D3 has 4 difficulties, the newest being Inferno. Apparently not even the developers have beaten Inferno yet.. so that should keep you busy. Also, Diablo (not sure if TQ has it) has a hardcore mode.. where essentially, you get one life. That's it. I love Hardcore mode soooooo much.

Blizzard also plans to implement a PvP arena later on for those that want to test their skills against other players.

Hmm, oh, and D3 also now has a Real Money Auction house. Back in D2, people would find really rare and awesome gear, and sell it on other websites. Blizzard saw how popular this way and added a feature where you can sell your items to other players for real cash without risking being scammed, keylogged etc. And if you hate the idea of people 'buying their gear to win', you can play ahrdcore mode, where there is no RMAH.

TQ seems to have a world editor, which makes it kind of unqiue.. but to me, Diablo is a masterpiece. ^.^ D3 is much more different than D2, so the new changes are pretty awesome.

Seems like I'm going to play hardcore mode :D

TQ had three different levels normal - epic- legendary

And indeed diablos story is amazing (But poor Marius :'(, those who know diablo II will understand :P)

Edited by Marar4

The whole pay for gear with real money is stupid. IMO

They did it so people wouldn't get scammed..(With their own pockets in the back of their mind ofc)

Gives bad reputation to let your gamers be scammed.

They did it so people wouldn't get scammed..(With their own pockets in the back of their mind ofc)

Gives bad reputation to let your gamers be scammed.

It doesn't make sense, since for example in WoW it is not allowed to buy gold with real money. So why allow people to buy gear with real money? It should be a rule and if you get scammed, then you are an idiot.

Yeah I've never been a fan of paying real money to get ahead in a game, but this has been going on since way back. People sold stuff online for hundreds of dollars... which is sad for those thata re crazy enough to buy it. I just look at it as a potential way to earn a couple bucks here and there for doing what I enjoy- playing a game. xD

I just remember being in middle school and playing an online game like diablo. People would just pay real money for the best stuff and it left the rest of the players behind.

Well I suppose a system with points rather than real money would have been better.

For example:

I find with my barbarian a legendary mojo, which is only for witch doctors, so i can't use it at all.

If theres a transfer system I would give it to my witch doctor (Too bad that I probably won't have one, don't like the style :P) or I could exchange it for points and with those points I can a legnedary for my barbarian.

Ofcourse normal items wouldn't be worth any points and rare items would be 1/50th of the legendary items of the same level.

Best is without RMAH, but I don't think they'd ever do that :P

Why not just use the in game gold to buy/sell the legendary stuff?

Because even normal weapons are worth something, nolifers would just take every item, port to hometown and port back to location and go on grinding.

right, but normal items would only be worth a few gold compared to legendary items which would be worth a lot more.

WoW has lots of different levels. Gray, white, green, blue, purple, and orange (legendary). Each has their own selling price, in gold. Legendary weapons are bind on pick up, so it is not possible to sell them to other people in the game. A system like this makes a lot more sense.

Edited by ajnl

Actually, if you listened to Diaries from creator of Diablo3 ,they have been playing Inferno over and over again, Diablo series is , of course, great about stories but what people want , its farming, looting, crafting. Simple as that. Farming make a hack and slash game really exciting in my opinion, majority of people play World Of Warcraft cause all the high level items you can get and, between you and me, have 6-8 lines of stat on a new item you just loot, it feel pretty good :]

right, but normal items would only be worth a few gold compared to legendary items which would be worth a lot more.

WoW has lots of different levels. Gray, white, green, blue, purple, and orange (legendary). Each has their own selling price, in gold. Legendary weapons are bind on pick up, so it is not possible to sell them to other people in the game. A system like this makes a lot more sense.

I used to play WoW, till I got hacked. (Without even visiting a buying money site, still don't know how it happened.)

Anyway the blue ones of a high level used to be worth a purple of only a few levels lower and you could just buy lvl 19 extremely rare (blue) in AH with your level 80 char and give it your twink as I recall. Which f*cked up the bgs. But it's still a better system than RMAH.

Also in WoW it's way harder to grind. If you've ever played TQ or diablo, you know you can just port back sell your items, port back to the place you came from, grind a bit and sell again, pretty boring, but it gets the job done. With my point system I want to exclude the selling grey and white items.

Ouch that sux. You can get your stuff back. My friend got hacked too, but he got all his stuff back after talking to Blizzard.

I would rather have it possible to buy great armor with gold, then with some point system or real money.