Problem with /rate

Jorz

desktop shortcut -> properties -> destination -> "C:\.....\ET\ET.exe" +set rate 49999

this will set your rate from startup.

or

change it manualy in your Etmain / autoexec and

take a look in et direction / mod / profiles / etui / etconfig and change it also there.

btw about which server we talking ?

Maybe its serverside setting that you can´t change the rate ?

• Clan Friend

in jaymod I have 2 extra cvars: cg_autoRate and cg_savedRate I think it's that menu for automatic rate, that might be the cause of your problem if you play jaymod

cg_autoRate 2 is server max I think.

yes i have 2.6b.

forgot to give some info,i always connect first to an etpro server and then to fa ones so my rate goes to 25k cuz of the etpro server limit on rate,and then i cant change it.

I play silent mod and no quarter.

Also on no quarter when i do cvar_restart my rate goes to 5k and i can only change it by quiting et.

don't connect to the etpro server first.. then it won't clamp your settings,

and 5000 is the default value, try esc >> options >> system >> netwroking >> lan / cable/ xdsl

• Clan Friend

i connect to the etpro server because it makes my fps stable,if i connect directly to fa servers i get 40 fps,so thats not an option.

you connect there only for that? :huh: or you actually play? If you connect there just for the config then make a config, problem solved. I can help you if you send your etconfig.cfg from etpro and the other mod you play. You probably have some nonstandard values that are forced by etpro.

I think some mods (etpro, I think) prevent you to change some cvars too often, to avoid 'warp scripts' and abusing, but honestly I never had problems changing rate. Maybe these mods you mentioned have other cvars I don't know. Jaymod has, etpro has only 'rate' and nothing else.

i use the same config on etpro and other mods,except i have put bigger rate on non etpro servers,as i said if i dont connect to an etpro server my fps are shiet.

Add me on xfire i will explain you.

in jaymods, you can directly change your rate without restarting.

/rate 30000

from the console should work. or save it to your config

set rate 30000