A little bind problem

Strobel

After getting back on ET I was trying to improve it a little bit with key binds.

First I checked the tutorial here in forums and made 2 binds, didn't work. So I started searching the forums and found the bind creator. Loaded it, did everything as stated in the manual and saved my two binds in the autoexec.

Got ingame, did the /exec autoexec.cfg command in my console and hopped on the NQ1. Right after the first kill I tried to use my "kill-bind" and guess what... didn't work.

So I tried to do it again, removed the lines from the autoexec, saved it, put them manually in again, tested on server. Nothing. :(

Now I'm getting a little frustrated about the binds and just want to make sure they're formatted the right way:

bind PGDN "vsay GreatShot ^rLooks like [d] caught me sleeping...";bind PGUP "vsay Oops [k] ^5is just another ^1victim of [n]";

That's what my last lines of autoexec looks like, is there any mistake in it?

Because I do know a lot of changes to these files to save memory and to make sure that edit functions in this way:

Copy the etconfig you are using and copy it to your desktop, open it with wordpad and edit it now.

Once done close and save changes, now and then select the etconfig modified copy.

Going into the game folder and paste a copy of the file in etmain, a copy etmain\profiles\profile name folder.

Then copies of the mod folders for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\profiles\profile name folder\copy paste here. (Always copy a copy here)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\profiles\profile name folder\copy paste here. (This is for the server with jaymod)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nq\profiles\profile name folder\copy paste here. (This is for the server with nq)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\silent\profiles\profile name folder\copy paste here. (This is for the server with silent)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etpro\profiles\profile name folder\copy paste here. (This is for the server with etpro)

etc...

or write to the console:

/bind pgdn vsay greatshot text your message [d]

through the game without any written like punctuation marks to be operated by force.

I hope I have explained well hello and let me know if it works!

Could you tell me if pressing the respective keys gives you any feedback in the console? I compared it with my binds and they should work.

Btw, if you use just one (=the same) autoexec.cfg for all mods you just need the file in etmain (makes it a lot easier to edit something ;) ).

Happy *in'

@Bull: They belong in the etconfig? o.O

You write in the etconfig your bind and do as I wrote

This is an example of a bind and my works:

bind p "vsay greatshot ^?|^0Great+Shot!^?|^7 --> [d]"
bind PGDN "team axis;class m 1;echo ^6Axis"
bind PGUP "team allies;class m 1;echo ^5Allies"

I meant pressing them ingame and then looking in the console, if there is any error message :)

Ok, now I'm more than just confused. :D

I put the binds in the autoexec of noquarter, joined on the server, /exec autoexec and now they're working...

Thx for the help guys. :)

No problem, however, as I wrote, but I prefer not to use autoexec set entirely within etconfig and if I can not (very difficult not) write in the command console in the game.