Draw Wolf Particles Toggle - Enemy Territory

Thor

This will toggle Wolf Particles on and off, basically it turns smoke from Air Strikes, Artillary and damaged vehicles on or off so that you can see past the smoke and have a clear view of what is behind. This does not however turn smoke off from Covops smoke nades!

This can be especially useful for players who have poor video cards or processors as excessive particles created by the game, i.e. smoke, rain & snow, can cause what is known as video lag. I normally play with them off but toggle them on from time to time to determine the exact location of artillery.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Draw Wolf Particles Toggle

// Toggles smoke effects

// Binds ]

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

set part_01 "echo ^1Wolf Particles OFF!; set part_s vstr part_02; cg_wolfparticles 0; cg_atmosphericEffects 0"

set part_02 "echo ^4Wolf Particles ON!; set part_s vstr part_01; cg_wolfparticles 1; cg_atmosphericEffects 1"

set part_s "vstr part_01"

unbind ]

bind ] "vstr part_s"

Thor! cool.gif

Note: This thread is taken from my .cfg file and posted here to allow others to copy and use in their .cfg file.

Edited by Fearless Staff

• Administrators
Technically this is config helps you overcome other players, so it would be illegal on some servers.

no it is not please read the post carefully, the only problem is that sometimes u will get killed by arty but its good if you are playing on a let say laptop or a comp with a cheap video card

Thank you Joe, you are absolutely correct. I play with an old computer that is slow at times so I have all my graphics adjusted as low as legally possible to help reduce video lag. It has draw backs as every thing looks crappy when compared with a good video card. But what this little script does is turns the particles (Arty smoke, smoke from damaged vehicles) off which is an option you have in your options menu. All this script does is binds 1 key to toggle them on or off so you don't have to go to your options menu and do this. With the particles turned off you have a much clearer view and can see your opponent where you once saw smoke. If your opponent is an experienced player he/she will more than likely have their particles off and you will be caught shot wondering who shot you because you left your wolf particles turned on and could not see them.

If you have an older computer then I suppose it could be used as an enhancer, but you can also edit ET's standards. Just by lowering terrain to the lowest it can be doesn't mean it is on lowest detail.

For those of us with better computers it is considered a way to take advantage of ET's somewhat editable graphics. Exploitation is wrong.

If you are just doing it to help your computer, fine. But if you are doing it for an advantage, then your cheating. That's what I was saying before.

• Administrators
Technically this is config helps you overcome other players, so it would be illegal on some servers.

Wolf particle is allowed in mostly all scrims or was atleast used to be when i used to play etpro and had scrimmed once a while. I find it very useful and mostly i always keep it disabled since i play from laptop with my Xilinx running in background which sucks up my more then 512Mb RAM and half is sucked up by Vista.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...