Awaiting gamestate

Dominatrix

I experienced some problems connecting to your siLEnT mode servers just yesterday for the 1st time - see other thread  'Problem with Fun 1'.

Please tell us the pk3 you have in your siLEnT home folder.

silent-0.9.0.pk3

zz_silent90-0.6d.pk3

~fearless_ssp_b1.pk3

Glad to know you fixed it sorry fell asleep. Was under the impression you changed resolution only. Is strange you had to remove files to reconnect sounds like a conflict of downloads for silent mod binaries. May have to next time pull cgame_mp_x86.dll from etmain and drop it in silent folder and just delete the my_cgame_mp_x86.dll and get a new one from the server.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have been having a similar issue on Silent 1. It says awaiting connection and counts.

I can get on other servers while this happens, and if I look on Splatterladder it says I'm online still 999 ping when I'm not.

I did re-install the game completely. Any help with that would be appreciated. :)

I have been having a similar issue on Silent 1. It says awaiting connection and counts.

I can get on other servers while this happens, and if I look on Splatterladder it says I'm online still 999 ping when I'm not.

I did re-install the game completely. Any help with that would be appreciated. :)

Never heard of something similar. But it seems to me more a network issue than, corrupt files.

You're running Windows? Do you run it through steam? Did you change network provider or installed any software before this happening?

Did you used PK3 cleaner? Did you clean the AppData?

So after all that you still have that connection issue?

Also you can you attach the output of terminal when connecting?

• Like 1

Last night when it happened I did what Aniky said in his last post.

/net_port 24235 and restart it seemed to work after that.

I'm running windows 8.1.

Not run through steam.

I tried the Pak3 cleaner.

Haven't touch Appdata.

Will update this later see if it's still happening.

Thanks for the help :) 

Yes, when I type a random /net_port it works again.

https://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/76-wolfenstein-enemy-territory-faq/

Please read the last item: Issues with Firewalls and Routers (Ports)

You can install nmap and see which ports are opened in your LAN - you can do a lot of things with nmap.

Disable your firewall from your local machine temporarily and from router if needed.

Make sure you're the only machine and program listening on default game port.

As a client you shouldn't have to mess with ports.

• Like 1