Apache de Lagger

Lag, lag, lag...

Question

A month ago my old computer crashed...it was about 10 years old and had pathetic configuration but it was perfect for ET.
Now I bought new one...8Gb RAM, 3.2 processor, Radeon...I can play new games with no problems...but ET is ET...

...and on this computer it sucks. It keeps lagging no mater what I do. Connection is perfect...
I tried all in-game commands that I found on this forum...nothing...

Could it be...I had different version before, now I have that 2.6 from this site.
It doesnt hurt to mention that in "options" - connection type - it automatically goes "unselected" when I try to make it "modem"...

24 answers to this question

so it's your internet?

If lagging to much try this command, open the console and type /seta r_primitives 2

You should notice a difference completely. If it doesn't take that just try /r_primitives 2

If lagging to much try this command, open the console and type /seta r_primitives 2

You should notice a difference completely. If it doesn't take that just try /r_primitives 2

Still the same :P

I have a feeling that I will have to leave ET in the past :(

You have your router or ISP lag. Check you first 3 hop's. They got major lag. Server sends 20 snaps and you receive it in lagometer. 

Also if you have nice video card you should do \set com_maxfps 125. 

Warping is result of your ISP or router packet loss. Fix that you and you would be rock and roll.

• Like 1

You should be able to adjust your router setting by looking on the back of your router, enter in the information you see on the back on your router in your web browser, and you should be able to adjust it accordingly. Look for something like 192.634.3476 ;)

You should be able to adjust your router setting by looking on the back of your router, enter in the information you see on the back on your router in your web browser, and you should be able to adjust it accordingly. Look for something like 192.634.3476 ;)

I will check that tommorow...router is in other room (connected with cable)...and where do I enter that number? Im using Firefox...

Just into your web browser search bar.

Just into your web browser search bar.

I dont have those numbers on router...I have something more like 54dsd5gsd5g4d gd4gdg4dg5 dg4c2c4t :/