New machine + server problem

TTFr

Hallo.

Just got my new Macbook Pro. Happy as a clam, downloaded the game(cod4) again from appstore.

started multiplayer - Join game, but no servers came up.

googled the issue, and it said I have to go in to terminal and type "connect IP-adress" to get to the server i want.

I only play on Beginners, so that is no problem, but it would have been nice not to punch in the IP adress each time.

Someone who knows how to fix this?

Please help!

I have no idea about Mac, but can you save as a favorite?  Click on join server, then select New Favorite where you type in the ip address.  It should save to your cfg so then you just go to your favorites to connect.

COD4 master servers are down and so that is probably your issue just like all of us but I don't know why you can't add it to favourites unless any servers that weren't on your favourites before the master server got taken down you can't add to your favourites... I have no idea but everyone is experiencing the problem with not being able to see any servers on the server list... Sorry mate but you just got to keep banging in the server ip :(

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/68067-sooo%E2%80%A6wont-my-servers-refresh/

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/68138-call-of-duty-4-master-server-development-and-discussion/?hl=heretic&do=findComment&comment=593362

Heretic is currently trying to come up with a special way but in the meantime I think if you don't have he server on your favourites then you've got to bang the ip in :( sorry

$iLv3rfang

i am not a mac user so i dont know if you can reproduce the following for your mac. but its worth a try.

on windows you can create a shortcut of the iw3mp.exe. right click on it, then click on "properties"  then click on "shortcut" 

add + connect "108.61.21.94:28934" at target. save. if you will start the shortcut you will connect to beginners servers directly.