Lag on most servers (little bit of lag on all)

DeMoNz5700
Go to solution Solved by Ann!b@l,

I just came back to E.T a little week back and noticed alot of lag even though i´ve tried to use the PK cleaner thingy and trying to adjust setting (minimal improvements)

• Like 1

Here´s the WinMTR test.

WinMTR statistics                                   

Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

10.0.0.1 -                                          0 |  106 |  106 |    0 |    1 |    3 |    1 |

lo0-1.bb02-jd395.ip.telenor.dk -       0 |  106 |  106 |    8 |   14 |   30 |   12 |

ae0-0.dr01-jd395.ip.telenor.dk -      0 |  106 |  106 |   10 |   16 |   77 |   14 |

cybercity-2.ti.telenor.net -                0 |  106 |  106 |   10 |   14 |   33 |   13 |

ti3218b400-ae2-0.ti.telenor.net -     5 |   91 |   87 |    0 |   12 |   30 |   12 |

ti3003c400-ae1-0.ti.telenor.net -     0 |  106 |  106 |   44 |   49 |   68 |   50 |

ti9002b400-ae0-0.ti.telenor.net -    0 |  106 |  106 |   44 |   46 |   70 |   45 |

xe-0-3-0.cr1.lhr1.uk.nlayer.net -     4 |   95 |   92 |   45 |   50 |   68 |   46 |

ae2-90g.cr1.lhr1.uk.nlayer.net -     0 |  106 |  106 |   44 |   50 |   93 |   49 |

xe-4-0-1.cr1.ewr1.us.nlayer.net -    0 |  106 |  106 |  113 |  120 |  147 |  116 |

xe-4-0-0.cr1.ord1.us.nlayer.net -    0 |  106 |  106 |  133 |  141 |  183 |  136 |

tge8-1.ar2.ord1.us.scnet.net -       0 |  106 |  106 |  133 |  137 |  156 |  135 |

8.9.4.227 -                                    0 |  106 |  106 |  132 |  134 |  159 |  135 |

I dunno about the firewall thing i think there´s no problem there.. but not sure (not really a tech wizz)

Agian PC issues no idea but i can give you a link to the PC specs when you buy it.http://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/samsung-series-7-700g7a-gamer-laptop-review/specifications/

I´m from Denmark

Router name: no idea agian

Antivirus is Avast!

I tried to go into the download page for lagometer put i couldn´t find the page.

• Leader

"lagometer" is built into ET.  Enter in console /cg_lagometer 1, and the moving-graph will appear on the right side of you screen as you play.

The pings shown in your TrackBase record are reasonable.  Some FA servers are in the USA and some are in Europe.

http://et.trackbase.net/player/1677975/

I have now locilized the lag to FPS drops.. i can go from 90-100ish to about silly 10. :C

in this case then you may want to set Hunk megs to higher.

Do this with /Com_hunkmegs 256 or try 512 if you're still having lag.

You can also try a lower graphic settings if your on an older Pc.

You say that you get around 90-100 consistently? That seems low for your specs, its similar to my pc and I can hold 333fps constant, are you sure your graphic drivers etc are all up to date, and that the game is running not running on only a single core?

well thing is i can´t find any updates for my PC since it has so many weird things in it so yeah no auto update thingy can find a update so yeah i need to update it badly.. my screen is even going black at times. I dunno if it´s running single core or not :)

• Leader

You say that you get around 90-100 consistently? That seems low for your specs, its similar to my pc and I can hold 333fps constant, are you sure your graphic drivers etc are all up to date, and that the game is running not running on only a single core?

Supposedly, ET can only run on one core. I have watched the Task Manager core-usage graphs while my ET was spectating a player, and it seems to use most of one core-thread, while other tasks use small amounts of the other cores/threads.

BTW, when I installed Win 7 Pro on this home-built new machine, NO pagefile was created! ET would act oddly at times. :)

• Like 1

i Just found a graphics driver update and it says it´s up to date but i still have FPS lag in certain areas (doesn´t even need to be big open areas it can be as silly as a tiny little room..)

Sounds like your pc is having more issue than just lagging on ET?

yeah but it seems that the update i found for my graphics card got rid of that black screen problem i´ve had but had no effect on ET. :C still having 10-100 fps depending og areas and as i said above it doesn´t matter if it´s a big area or a little room only fitting 1 person. so i have really no idea what is going on. it´s such a weird problem..

Wolfenstein only uses 1 core, even on multi core machines. I have a dual core machine, AMD Athalon 2 x2 250 processor 3.00GHz. The game will only utilize 1.50GHz. Kind of blows, that's life.