About autoexec.cfg request topic

joy

Med, you're changing their mouse settings because you change the default m_yaw (.022 -> .018). Their mouse will move ~20% slower.

Memory settings are too high and may cause a bottleneck. Soundmegs do not improve performance after 32, zone =64.

r_mapoverbrightbits 3 is the general standard since it makes it easier to focus on enemies.

cg_autoreload 1 - ftl

Edited by -=Medic=-
NO CONFIG SHARING HERE

Med, you're changing their mouse settings because you change the default m_yaw (.022 -> .018). Their mouse will move ~20% slower.

not really, only issue u will have is a bit harder to move mouse up ( even tho its almost not noticeable)

Memory settings are too high and may cause a bottleneck. Soundmegs do not improve performance after 32, zone =64.

r_mapoverbrightbits 3 is the general standard since it makes it easier to focus on enemies.

cg_autoreload 1 - ftl

it's was in first POST

>>This thread is to help players, No spam, No posting for your old config, but only config request. So if you already have your own config no need to talk about it here this way the thread will be clean. thanks<<

ONLY REQUEST NO CONFIG SHARING HERE SO YOU FILE WILL BE REMOVED AND NEVER DOWNLOAD OTHER CONFIG

SHARING, TALKING, ASK ABOUT YOUR CONFIG IS HERE http://fearless-assa...onfigs-sharing/

set the mouse yaw (left/right) to 0.18 is good until now no one complaint about that

memory is set different every each config, depends how much memory you have, and it's 256 almost all autoexec in this topic

cg_autoreload 1 in every config is set to 1... default game cvar. All players play with this ON, only few make it 0 to play

not really, only issue u will have is a bit harder to move mouse up ( even tho its almost not noticeable)
You're thinking of m_pitch. m_yaw controls horizontal movement.

it's was in first POST

ONLY REQUEST NO CONFIG SHARING HERE SO YOU FILE WILL BE REMOVED AND NEVER DOWNLOAD OTHER CONFIG

SHARING, TALKING, ASK ABOUT YOUR CONFIG IS HERE http://fearless-assa...onfigs-sharing/

set the mouse yaw (left/right) to 0.18 is good until now no one complaint about that

memory is set different every each config, depends how much memory you have, and it's 256 almost all autoexec in this topic

cg_autoreload 1 in every config is set to 1... default game cvar. All players play with this ON, only few make it 0 to play

No need to get offensive, my comments dealt with general config variables. I'm not pushing a config on you, or anyone else. I'm stating facts that will improve the effectiveness of the service you're providing. Meaning:

Teckerke asked you for a config, but he said that he's already comfortable with certain settings, in this case, mouse settings. By changing the default m_yaw, you're changing HIS mouse settings that he's comfortable with. In other words, by using your config his virtually lowering his sensitivity from 3.8 to 3.1.

@ Memory - if you set your memory allowances too high it hinders the computer performance because the processor is forced to move a larger amount of data than it will ever possibly need. In other words, when designing configs it's a good idea to implement a "soft cap" on zone and soundmegs.

@autoreload - not sure where you're getting that from. Virtually everyone in comp scene disables autoreload because they would rather switch to pistol when they run out of ammo. 10 bux says that even you do it.

Cheers.

No need to get offensive, my comments dealt with general config variables. I'm not pushing a config on you, or anyone else. I'm stating facts that will improve the effectiveness of the service you're providing. Meaning:

what offense??? I really think you need to understand something I am not expert of making cfg I just have small knowledge sharing with others, I want people KEEP THIS TOPIC CLEAN : 1 - ASK CFG 2 - CFG TO READY TO USE 3 - END, Nothing more even "thanks" i don't wanna see it in this topic

you have suggestion, ask, explanation, correction, another way to make cfg or any kind of others discuss do it but do not use this thread... PM me or make new topic in ET discussion, this topic is only request why is it hard to understand :huh:

I split those last posts to new thread.

leave settings such as the r_megs, or any setting for their pc's ability, out completely, blank, or with a // slash in front of the cvar with instructions on how to set them to the proper value. yaw settings should be left alone. use the sensitivity cvar for side to side and pitch for up and down. pretty much any cvar you would consider to be a personal setting "//" out and let the player know how to change themselves.

@ autoreload. imo have this cvar disabled. when you run outta ammo you dont want to get caught up in a reload when you could have easily switched weapons to finish a player off.

another thing that would help people looking for cfg's is players to post ss's of their cfg's. you could even make a new topic for this and the one's looking for the cfg's can pm the player's to get the cfg and help setting it up.

here's mine xD

shot0012p.jpg

Edited by vinnie

• 4 weeks later...

Medic, do you know why every time when I change server my cfg is different?

Instead of the ugly graphs I got normal ones.. :hmm

• Like 1

Medic, do you know why every time when I change server my cfg is different?

Instead of the ugly graphs I got normal ones.. :hmm

when you are in server - > console -> type \exec autoexec.cfg -> then in console \vid_restart (well better restart game to avoid any error)

usually when you have already played in different mods there is a config file for each mods so to apply new setting (inside autoexec.cfg) you need to apply it for each mod you already played it, and you need to do it only one time

• 1 month later...

^^ You know that you can change the location for those speed test evaluations, right? I'm sure there's one that is closer than 11,600 miles to you. It will increase your results significantly.

Whats the point of Speed testing to Australia if I play on an American server?

Because that's not the point of speedtest.net? The site's purpose is simply to test your internet speed...

From the website:

Use Speedtest.net to test the speed of your Internet connection. See if you are getting what you pay for and share your results with others!

It's like judging the weather in New York by watching the forecast for California.

. pretty much any cvar you would consider to be a personal setting "//" out and let the player know how to change themselves.

i think if a player knew what to do with those cvars, why would he ask medic for a canned autoexec?

if you're not going to take the time to google "et scripting" or look at a list of cvars and write your own config, why would you go through one someone gave you and change commented out cvars?

IMO people who get other people to write configs for them aren't interested in tweaking anything themselves.

no offense, it just seems like "lets give laptops to preschoolers" followed by "yeah and lets let them choose their own operating systems and give them overclocking tools"