more computer programmers?

PROWND

I am deep into coding lately- working on projects hobby and business ( no i dont work on computers at work- its a hobby, but might be good enough to be a web developer.)

html / html5

javascript

php

css

--- My advice learn html/html5/css/css3 and learn to weave in javascript and php into it

EDIT: Previous Thread

Edited by GI-JOE
Added link to previous thread

lol This thread will never die :D

C++ is all I know. So far it's pretty badass, but all we've done is work with the console. Writing an RPN calculator that will handle binary, octal, hex and decimal for my term project.

About 2 weeks ago I started programming in Python. I needed graphics for my document (thesis in progress), and rather than drawing by hand I used Python to generate PGF/Tikz format for in LaTeX. Although it's quite easy to do it in C/C++ as well, I wanted to read a CSV with the data (such that I could easily modify it) which is slightly harder. Rather than trying to do that kind of evilness in C/C++, I just learned a new programming language :P

Note that Python is ugly as hell, but it does the job fairly easy. For the stuff I'll implement later I'll probably use C/C++. Everything else is performance-wise stupid in my case (way more memory management than VM will probably handle). Since I'll be running benchmarks, performance is important.

For those interested in my subject, http://en.wikipedia....réchet_distance. Only the currently fastest method to do so is in practice slow.

lol This thread will never die :D

C++ is all I know. So far it's pretty badass, but all we've done is work with the console. Writing an RPN calculator that will handle binary, octal, hex and decimal for my term project.

RPN/PN is luckily a lot easier than infix notation. I guess if you don't have to worry about whether the brackets are aligned correcty (i.e. just give an error rather than trying to solve it), about 200 lines should be sufficient :P Especially if you're a master in lazyness and use printf/scanf for transforming :P

Tic tac toe requires an algorithm / states to define what happens in the next move. I can show you how to solve RPN within 50 lines of code (excluding complex I/O, only integers), but that isn't part of your assignment :P

well I have to use c++, dunno if I mentioned that. Planning on using ncurses for the event driven loop (don't want to have to hit enter every time I hit *)

Still mapping out the approach, my spec document isn't due until the 27th.

We haven't covered pointers or classes yet either btw. (I'm in the first intro class)

bah ha ha... recursion.. breadth or depth first? Watch the stack bro

Depending on the input and recursion, the stack won't be a problem usually. Unless you're interested in screwing it over :P (Ackermans function :D)

touched on it briefly.

I was able to write a sort and a search using recursion without too much head scratching.

Given any (valid) RPN, you can construct a Abstract Syntax Tree (http://en.wikipedia....act_syntax_tree) or something (I guess Calculation Tree would be a better definition, but Wikipedia doesn't agree with me). So build the AST recursively, and then solve it recursively :) If you have a good feeling of what the AST does, you might even want to skip that construction :) Edited by rolf