Invalid GUID and ubuntu

dangman

Someone plc. help me before i go kamikaze :)

I have installed Ubuntu 12.04 and games E.T. But I keep getting Invalid GUID fault !

I have tryed new ETKey severel times, but it dosent work !

Someone here have any advice ?

Invalid = Duplicate, that is

If you are running ET under obama username for example, then your etkey file should be saved under /home/obama/.etwolf/etmain/ folder.

Once that is done, start your ET then and type from the console this command /cl_guid to know if ET had recognized your etkey file. Once that is done, try joining FA server, then from the console, issue /pb_cl_enable and /pb_writecfg . Restart ET once again and see.

The etkey is in the right folder but when I types /cl_guid in console it returns

"cl_guid" is:"NO_GUID" default:"unknown"

Any sugestions ?

Google dosent yeld anything usefull for "cl_guid" is:"NO_GUID" default:"unknown"

Hoping that you are running ET as your username and not as root. can you check if the etkey file is also owned by your username and not by root ? I believe that ET is not able to access or find your etkey file. Most likely you are running ET as root or your etkey file is either saved under from the wrong folder or saved to the correct folder with wrong user permission. Can you please check?

Then you must put the etkey file into

/home/kim/etwolf/etmain/

folder. Make sure kim user owned that file

chown kim:kim /home/kim/etwolf/etmain/etkey

Then run et and type

/cl_guid

If it doesnt work, open etkey file and make sure there's only one line inside. Do no paste them here. :P

• Clan Friend

The folder for your etkey should be:

/home/your-user-name-here/.etwolf/etmain/

note the . before etwolf, it's a hidden folder, if you don't use the console you have to show hidden files, in order to see it.

And also, you need punkbuster correctly installed and (maybe) updated, if I rename my etkey to something else as a test, I get 'unknown' and not NO_GUID, are you sure your pb is installed correctly?