GameType 6 Voting problems

NoGooD

Hey DareDev!l,

Knowing your uber skills with running a server. I was hoping you could help me out once again.

Here's part of a post I put up in the ETPub forums just to save me some typing (i'm lazy ya know)

Howdy,

I seem to be having a problem with gametype 6 where it only shows 1 tab for voting even though I have set to g_mapVoteFlags 12

These are the settings in my config

set g_gametype 6
set g_mapVoteFlags 12
set g_maxMapsVotedFor 12
set g_minMapAge 3
set g_excludedMaps "" 

with my objective.cfg set like so.

set d1 "set g_gametype 6 ; map railgun ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "set g_gametype 6 ; map fueldump ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "set g_gametype 6 ; map oasis ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "set g_gametype 6 ; map battery ; set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "set g_gametype 6 ; map goldrush ; set nextmap vstr d6"
set d6 "set g_gametype 6 ; map radar ; set nextmap vstr d7"
set d7 "set g_gametype 6 ; map frostbite ; set nextmap vstr d8"
set d8 "set g_gametype 6 ; map supplydepot2 ; set nextmap vstr d1"
vstr d1

I also have flood protection set to 0 but ppl still have a problem typing or voting sometimes. here's link to a pic of what i'm talking about

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4648/gametypege2.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on how I might go about fixing this or other places to look?

Now one thing I did change since I did that, on recommendation from a friend of mine that runs the KX3 clan ( I think they're 2.06b only) was the flood protection was set to -1. That cleared up any problems I had with not being able to vote or type during intermission. It did not however fix the fact that even with gametype at 4 or 12, you cannot vote for more than 1 map at a time.

It was suggested to me that I change Pub clients. Hopefully there's another fix. Got any ideas man?

• Administrators

You don't need to change pub clients since this problem is related with overflood issue which is server side based.

Here is what you can use:

set g_gametype "6"	
set g_mapVoteFlags 13
set g_maxMapsVotedFor 15
set g_minMapAge 3
set g_excludedMaps ""
set sv_floodprotect 1

Basically, their are 2 types of flood protection in etpub. Engine based and mode based. Disable the mode based flood protection but don't disable the engine based flood protection.

This should probably fix your problem and if not let me know.

I'll give those a try. I haven't played around with sv_floodprotect.

Do you have any suggestions for this problem though?

gametypege2.jpg

This is with a g_mapvoteflags value of 12, which of course is 8+4. I know you probably have the values memorized, but here they are in case anyone else wants to check them out.

I've only been able to successfully get 1 mapvote button to appear. I imagine it's something corked with my server.cfg, so :hmm

I'll give those values a shot though man. Thanks for the help. ;)

g_mapVoteFlags [bitmask]

Ways to change how map voting works
   Only valid when g_gametype is 6 (see Map Voting)

Available options are:

Changes the tie breaker so that the map not played in the longest wins 
       Intermission doesn't end until g_intermissionReadyPercent people have voted. If there are no players connected to the server, intermission will end at the timeout. (WARNING: This means that if there are spectators connected and not voting, the next map will not load until those spectators either vote, disconnect, or get kicked by the system) 
       Multi vote: Allows everybody to vote for 3 maps instead of one, first choice map gets 3 votes, second choice gets 2, third choice gets one 
       Don't randomize the maps, so they will always appear in the same order 
       A passed nextmap vote (when g_gametype is 6) will start the intermission and lets players vote which map should be played next. NOTE: this makes one of the two teams be displayed as winner 

• Administrators

Try my settings and let me know if it works or not. Probably you are missing one thing if i am guessing it right. :D If my settings wan't work i will tell ya what to do.