TZAC 2012

Fearless News

55718641.jpg

07.02 and 09.02. Tomislav Zubcic - Anti Cheat (TZAC) proved what it is worth.
We knew previously that TZAC doesn't ban cheaters instantly, instead it
uses silent detection which means everyone can use whatever cheat they
want, but sooner or later chaplja will apply a ban. Most of you might
not see if as the perfect solution but remember TZAC is meant to be used
at competition. Thats a good solution to slow cheat coders work,
because they have no idea if it is really working 100%, they need to
wait till the next ban list is released.

Quote (chaplja )
UPDATE:
The following bans have been removed. Multiple violations have been raised, but after the review, it appears to be caused by broken hardware:

aphesia

Apologies to those falsely banned. 90% of last night's bans do not need a review and of the other 10% only a few may have been caused by broken hardware which will be checked again.

Note: If you believe you've been false banned, please follow the following instructions.

Bans Stats for Enemy Territory

Quote (chaplja)
It appears that a lot of cheaters believed a certain cheat is undetected as nobody was being banned. However, that was due to me being inactive and now I can happily say that nearly 150 cheating accounts in ET have been banned.

As for cases where an account was used by multiple persons and the original owner got 'falsely' accused for cheating, I can say that everyone has to take care of their account. If they are borrowing it to a friend, a brother, to anyone basically, it is their own choice and they're doing it knowing - but ignoring - the risk. I've got to say it is very unlikely these accounts will be unbanned. What can happen is that certain matches don't get forfeited if league admins believe it is the right decision if the original account owner did not cheat during a match and it's clear someone else was using the account when the cheat was caught, but it is entirely up to them.

The goal now is to finish TZAC 2.0 as soon as possible because it is going to fix some flaws in the anticheat design which are a bottleneck ever since TZAC got more popular - silent detections. The new version will automatically put most cheaters on the ban list and only certain (e.g. new) detections will stay in the silent detection model. More information on this and the future of TZAC will be posted later on the official website.

Source: etpro.de | tz-ac.com
  • Like 2

I don't have much experience with Tzac. When I wanted to use it, it just didn't work out and I couldn't join servers, etc. But I am sure the problem lies with me and that a working Tzac is brilliant. However, just in December the author wrote that he will definitely release version 2.0, but cannot assure it is staying on for long, due to financial issues. Glad to see that those problems seem to be solved for now.

:S I am sorry to hear that. I just read the news from February 8th where one sentence is written:

"Also, there will be another announcement regarding TZAC and its future now that I'm back and fully active again."

I understood the way that problems were somehow solved for the moment... Well i hope, he/ they will find an investor / sponsor soon so that he / they can keep up the work

Here is a small passage from the FAQ on the site:

"TZAC is a 3rd party anticheat for W:ET, but will soon be compatible with some other multiplayer games. It is currently compatible ONLY with ET 2.60b and ETPro 3.2.6 and is primarily an anticheat for clan matches and public ETPro servers."

It is a program, which you have to download and install. For more information, click here.

Hope, this helps.