Problem with slac

Seaside

Hello,

I downloaded SLAC yesterday, the new crappy programm you need to join the private servers on ET.

It worked fine yesterday, but its not the case anymore. I run slac as administrator ( vista ) it opens, i start the game, so ET opens and starts to load, and then i can only see a grey page of the game..

Someone can help me? :hmm

:thanks

Try changing the argument from

+set fs_game etpro

to

+set fs_game etmain

and see if it works, or just try leaving it empty.

I think that problem is mentioned under SLAC FAQ on website so you might want to check it out.

Quoted from FAQ:

Q: I get grey screen when starting ET, how do I fix this?

The only reason for this to happen that we've seen so far is that you have a bad config in either etmain or etpro folder. The most common problem is the r_displayrefresh cvar set in one of them, so check out your configuration.

Most common solution is removing the "+set fs_game etpro" from the command line in SLAC. If this helps it, create a shortcut to SLAC.exe and add the following parameters to make it start ET the way you usually do: "+set fs_game etmain".

In some cases it helped removing or renaming the following file: etmain/videos/etintro.roq (to something else, e.g. just append '_' to the end) - it is the intro video you see when starting ET. Removing or renaming file will stop it from being shown each time you start ET. Please try this solution before asking.

Also, starting it as etmain instead of etpro saves around 20 fps or so. Their is a bug-type thing that drops ur fps when starting it up on etpro.

When I used to start it on ET Pro I had no sound. I just leave it empty.

Yeah, a new, lag-free anti-cheat system.. what a crappy program and a pain in the ass! :rolleyes:

I installed it a month ago when I heard first read about it, we didn't have any server for it yet, and the servers I could find were empty. So I realized most people in the ET world are not going to go through this effort (creating user ids and downloading the software and fighting your antivirus just to use it) to play a free game that doesn't even have any players (at the time this was true). I don't play to rate, so if all the raters go to SLAC that would actually make the game more enjoyable for the rest of us.

I haven't tried SLAC since, maybe there are a few players on it now, but I can go to Jay2 with no effort at all and have a relatively lag-free game with 50 other people. Although the last couple days Jay2 was lagging bad.

That said, I would love to see it evolve into something useful, I would not miss punkbuster.

I installed it a month ago when I heard first read about it, we didn't have any server for it yet, and the servers I could find were empty. So I realized most people in the ET world are not going to go through this effort (creating user ids and downloading the software and fighting your antivirus just to use it) to play a free game that doesn't even have any players (at the time this was true).

I haven't tried SLAC since, maybe there are a few players on it now, but I can go to Jay2 with no effort at all and have a relatively lag-free game with 50 other people. Although the last couple days Jay2 was lagging bad.

That said, I would love to see it evolve into something useful, I would not miss punkbuster.

It takes less than 5 minutes for any semi-competent person to register. I have not encountered any errors with it, and how hard is it to add a program to your AV's exception list?

Also, the rest is speculation and mostly just wrong. There are 6000 people registered with at least 2 SLAC servers that are always full at 15ish players.

etpro =/= jaymod or nq, it's way different than you and many others think.