reinstall ET

BeerMe

Question

hey guys. Ive tried to reinstall ET 4 times, keep getting ...can`t open GL error . I`m sure its punkbuster.  tried it from splashdamage. can someone send me a different link  or is there a DL link here. I`m so comp illiterate, Noob actually

3 answers to this question

Hello.

The GL error is most propably a resolution error. If you're using a cfg, you'd need to change the resolution cvar to fit your screen resolution, now it might be too high.

These are the lines you should look for, here is my screen settings:

set r_mode "-1"
set r_customheight "1050"
set r_customwidth "1680"

set r_fullscreen "1"

As for the ET, here is full install, also remember to run the et.exe as administrator:

//EDIT: @BeerMe I moved this to a proper section, so others can help you with this and also ppl can find help if they have similar issues.

Edited by RendeL
moved to right section

22 hours ago, BeerMe said:

hey guys. Ive tried to reinstall ET 4 times, keep getting ...can`t open GL error . I`m sure its punkbuster.  tried it from splashdamage. can someone send me a different link  or is there a DL link here. I`m so comp illiterate, Noob actually

This is the list for all the settings for r_mode screen resolution, and if you have a graphics program like radeon or GFX make sure to change the settings to allow application run the graphics

0 = 320x240,

1 = 400x300,

2 = 512x384,

3 = 640x480,

4 = 800x600,

5 = 960x720,

6 = 1024x768,

7 = 1152x864,

8 = 1280x1024,

9 = 1600x1200,

10 = 2048x1536,

11 = 856x480 (wide).

Set to -1 to make use of r_customwidth & r_customheight.