ET Lua Modding

Zelly

Hello it is I the Zelly.

I am bored here so I figured I would reach out see if anyone is interested in assisting with some lua scripts for servers.
I do not have anything in particular in mind.

At the moment I am currently working on rewriting(sort of) my LESM into an api. Not really sure if calling it an api is correct terminology I mostly make up stuff. It's an api of an api!
The goal of my new project is to basically have drag and drop projects that are loaded by my api.
Primary reason for this is to not repeat all the basic coding and you can get right to the core of your project.

Example of a project loaded by my lua might look something like this
myproject/ - folder 

myproject.lua - main lua file for the project, access to custom callbacks/a huge amount of client/server/game functions

myproject/commands/ - folder of commands for the project

myproject/commands/mycommand.lua - command that could be easily customized to work with admin levels or override existing commands, and ability to add detailed help command information

Here is my LESM that became feature bloated and ran into a few roadblocks: https://bitbucket.org/zelly/lua-enhanced-server-mod/src

Here is my new project: https://github.com/Zelly/zapi which is sort of based of LESM but without the actual features just the code, if that makes sense.

If anyone is interested in helping me brainstorm functionality or help out or whatever let me know :^)

• Like 1