question and help with ubuntu et

Hulk

12 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Please do. I have to go out of t own for 3 weeks and was thinking I'd take my TV with my (Ubuntu) Laptop and be able to play ET while I'm gone. I want to make sure it works

You should always install ETLegacy first regardless of the architecture of your system and see the dependencies libs they have on their wiki page - some I mentioned earlier - if anything goes wrong after the installation.

Ubuntu users I know installed ET from Playdeb several times in the past similar to Playonmac. But errors started to occur and the support is few.

This method or workaround I posted was tested by myself from debian 5 to the last stable. So rest assure as last solution it will work (including ETPro as well).

Also, you have now Discord, TeamSpeak, Steam for linux so don't you worry.

• Like 3

Well sound part and creating a launcher is my trouble area..

What port are you using for sound?  I used to run ubuntu on my laptop and was only able to get sound working in ET through my s/pdif port.

I am not exactly sure, if you could tell me how to find out.. i will let you know

On 6/5/2018 at 12:14 AM, Hulk said:

Well sound part and creating a launcher is my trouble area..

Did you download the file, gave permission to execute, move the file into installation folder and edited the script - if needed?

Like I said you can always edit the symlink and forget about launcher:

#nano /usr/local/bin/et

Too look like this:

#exec ./et.x86 "$@"
exec ./et-sdl-sound "$@"

And launch game normally:

et

-----------------

Ok, to make this faster I'll need info about libs installed, packages, distro vers., graphic and audio cards...

So I'll be on discord this weekend, so make sure you install discord on your ubuntu please.

• Thanks 1

Ok ty so much look forward to it :)

distro:18.10 beaver newest one

graphics:rx480

I will give rest when we chat.. think i am missing something because i did everything... think probably gonna start from scratch and reinstall before the weekend a long with discord... 

Edited by Hulk
forgot few things