Prob with my PC

Multi-DoWell@hotmail.fr

First try a different monitor so you can see if it is your computer or your monitor. I'm assuming you have more than one computer available since you are able to come to the forum and start this thread.

If you are using a laptop for you second computer and don't have an second monitor, then plug your monitor into the laptop (the VGA port) to see if the monitor is working. Process of elimination...

Let us know which it is.

Hey all ,I came back from a 1 month travel , when I ran my PC , the screen is completly dark , I get that orange light behind monitor button but It still dark . HELP me PLZZZZ :(

:thanks

So I have a question?

Your PC turns on but no image posts? Also do you have onboard speaker? (if you do, the computer usually beeps when you turn it on..etc. Its actually pretty helpful to tell if something is wrong).

Anyways here is a couple things you can check:

1.) Check Video card slot to make sure its correctly put in and make sure the power connector is plugged in to it

2.) If you don't have a video card, then it could be that the CPU power cord might have came loose. This will result in the PC turning on but not posting any image and turning up with a blank screen

I'm assuming you already checked all the obvious stuff like cords and power supply fuses.

Try removing your graphics card and see if your pc works then.

Also you can hold down F2 or whatever button gets you into BIOS when u reboot to see if it is Windows-related. If BIOS boots then you may need to reinstall Windows.

I agree with Duckie: every time I move my PC or touch the monitor cords I have to first connect the cord back on and then gently push the graphics card back to it's slot.