Problems with anti-rush mod on ETpub Recruiting

->RoGue

I've noticed a couple times where the anti-rush mod on your ETpub server fails to work correctly. For one thing, I believe the Braundorf map doesn't have it set up, so there's nothing what-so-ever stopping rushers.

Furthermore, I've noticed that on some maps where the anti-rush mod is active, it sometimes malfunctions and either doesn't completely protect the objective, or protects it too long. I've noticed on multiple occasions where an objective will be taken, dropped, returned, and then be locked again. I've also seen the anti-rush program keep the parts on Radar locked until there were only 5 minutes left, which is pretty unreasonable for a 20 minute map. Unfortunately, I didn't think to get screenshots of any of these problems. I will try and remember to do so if I see it happen again.

Also, program can be a bit overzealous when removing pliers from rushing engineers. I had it remove my pliers on Oasis when I was on the walkway next to South AT gun picking up packs from a medic I killed. I think the affected area could be reduced a bit there and still cover the gun enough to protect against rushing.

On the whole, I think it's been doing a good job of stopping people from rushing, as well as propelling noobs hilariously through the air when they try. I don't know if any of these things are things that can be fixed by you guys or if this is a third-party mod that you don't have control over fine tuning.

-RoGue

I don't recall doing any coordinate from braundorf, so for sure it's not in the antirush. I just checked in the antirush.db I have and no it's not in there. So if no one else added them, there is no antirush for that map. I still have A LOT of maps to do.

For radar, we use the default ones that came with the examples. So I didn't made those coordinates. If I look at the antirush.db, I can see "timeout = 15" which means that only after 15 minutes the objective will be unlocked. So if we have the time set at 20 minutes (sorry I don't play on ETPUB a lot anymore so I don't know about the times), we need to change the timeout to 8 for both radar parts.

Let me know which maps doesn't protect completely the objective. For "dynamite" objective, it's really easy, I just have to remove the pliers, but for "docs" objective, I have to put a big field and then I test it for a while. Sometimes I might forgot to test one part of it. Sometimes the people will be able to get by it, but never be able to get back from the jumping hole. I tried my best to avoid this, but it's their problem if they try to rush.

For oasis, as I said, I didn't made those nor tested those. If we need to reduce it, I'll do it. But think about rushers that could stack up back and plant at the top of the gun by the back, this is something we want to avoid... So we need to put a big range for it... The current radius is 300, maybe we could limit it to 150 and try it again.

This is a work in progress, so we need everybody inputs about what need to be changed. So if you find more bugs, feel free to let us know (or me since I guess I'll do the changes and poke Dare to send it back to the server :P)