XFX GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB Video Card Dual DVI

Desu

Upgrading from Nvidia 7100.

my friend got 465fermi card so he doesnt need it anymore.

getting it for 25bucks, does anyone know of this card, is it quiet good?

can it run COD4?

7800 GTX is 5 year old but better than 7100 (onBoard) :)

7800 GTX is little bit faster than 8600 GT (look here) sorry in german

for playing COD4 i mean is it too slow (look here)or play with lower resolution

i play cod4 with a 8600m gt and i can play it fine. on highest settings i get like 25 fps but on low settings (which i use) it stays at the cap i set which is 125 fps

Guest R..pace!

If you wanna know how well the 7800 GTX run cod4 you can try this (no download) on your 7100 to get a sense of how much better the game will run. Click "run now":an analysis will be done and suggestions for upgrades will be displayed. With my 7600 GT it indicated that the card was capable of running the game, but at low res and low details (guess I can't get cod4sad.gif). Hope you get good results when you play with the 7800...

Upgrading from Nvidia 7100.

my friend got 465fermi card so he doesnt need it anymore.

getting it for 25bucks, does anyone know of this card, is it quiet good?

can it run COD4?

Will run COD4 so don't worry about it. No clue what resolutions but I figure it will run on a decent quality very smoothly. It can probably do crysis on med-low 1200 x 800 no AA .

EDIT: It consumes from 129 W - idle to 230 W - load. Make sure your power supply is sufficient or else "Shes going to bloww" :lol:

oh lord , we are in the year 2010 where did u find a 7100 lmao , save some of ur school money and get ur self something decent to play with at lease a 100 bucks would get you something cute and sexy to game with .

had it lying around..

built my currnet comp with 150dollar budget...lol

Will run COD4 so don't worry about it. No clue what resolutions but I figure it will run on a decent quality very smoothly. It can probably do crysis on med-low 1200 x 800 no AA .

EDIT: It consumes from 129 W - idle to 230 W - load. Make sure your power supply is sufficient or else "Shes going to bloww" :lol:

found a good deal on craigslist, would this work

Thermaltake TR2-430 Power Supply-20bucks :D

Edited by Desu

found a good deal on craigslist, would this work

Thermaltake TR2-430 Power Supply-20bucks :D

Woah woah woah hold on asian boy D=.. That PSU will work but it will be hurting your energy bill

Efficiency 65% (get Rainier to explain to how efficiency works. I wish he would do a tutorial for this lol).

PSU Efficiency is defined as the power loss in AC-to-DC conversion.That power lost is released in the form of heat. So that psu will be hot like hell, and it probably won't last you that long . So inorder to reach its capacity of 430 W it has to pull 709.5 W from the wall. 65% of that energy is wasted and becomes heat.

http://www.motherboa...des/1487_7.html < -- if rainier is lazy, then read this

http://www.silentpcr...le28-page2.html

Even the most basic PSU's have 75% efficiency nowadays.

It will work but who knows how long that PSU will last. Well its only 20 bucks lol