Router Problem

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

I have A Dlink 619L router.

My normal d/l speed is about 90Mb/s give or take. 

About every day or so, my speed drops to about 22Mb/s and hard rebooting the router fixes it. ONLY hard rebooting it. A soft reboot through the router software doesn't work.

I have a bunch of these as they're the router we sell customers when we do internet installs and this is the 2nd one I've used and had this problem on.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Haven´t you noticed some pattern when connecting some other devices on wifi?

PC is clean? No viruses?

Any1 in neighbourhood stealing your WIFI? Change passwords\ security from WSP to WPA\2?

Some things that pop into my mind, not so good with  routers myself...

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

no chance anyone is stealing wifi from me and I ran Malware bytes, Super Antispyware Remover, CCleaner and Disk Cleanup, plus all the tools in System Mechanic.

It's weird. The Modem is fine, If I direct connect to it, speed is 112Mb/s

One thing I HAVE noticed is playing ET, I'll start out with no FPS lag but after a bit, it starts gradually getting worse, then check the Router and it's speed is down to like 24 Mb/s and this is directly connected by Ethernet

Those kinda things are often related to QoS. Try to turn QoS off in your router settings and see if that fixes it. Had similar problem with my old D-Link router decreasing upload speed when QoS was on(this was on fiber).

Check if there's new firmware for it and see the changelog if there is some mention about similar situation.

• Like 1