My config_mp.cfg configuration file works pretty good for me

Ol Smoke

So just to make sure I understand this correctly and to stand on the shoulders of those that came before me...if I am running 333 FPS, I  should try 63 maxpackets?  I have it set at 83 (333/4) so it will be a true division of the FPS, but if you are are finding more recent research that states the 63 is better then I have no issue with a quick change to see it it helps.  The one thing that frustrates me the most is when I think I have someone in my sights only to miss.

So just to make sure I understand this correctly and to stand on the shoulders of those that came before me...if I am running 333 FPS, I  should try 63 maxpackets?  I have it set at 83 (333/4) so it will be a true division of the FPS, but if you are are finding more recent research that states the 63 is better then I have no issue with a quick change to see it it helps.  The one thing that frustrates me the most is when I think I have someone in my sights only to miss.

That would be your packetdups setting not maxpackets setting if I am not mistaken when it comes to hits.

That would be your packetdups setting not maxpackets setting if I am not mistaken when it comes to hits.

Yup, I believe this is correct.  :thumbsup 

Havent messed with my config in about 2 years so I could be wrong too but I think youre right

Yea well I've tried all kinds of changes on the packetdups and nothing seems to improve.  So I am wondering why the 63 on maxpackets. Why that number when running 333 FPS? I guess I'll just try it to see if it improves game play for me.

maxpackets for me improves the look of the game and it "feels" smoother.  If I am on when you are we can play with the packetdups based on your settings and see what works.  *Note packetdups does not fix bad aim and does not guarantee every shot is a kill.... :P 

Yea well I've tried all kinds of changes on the packetdups and nothing seems to improve.  So I am wondering why the 63 on maxpackets. Why that number when running 333 FPS? I guess I'll just try it to see if it improves game play for me.

Okay guys, pay attention here.  Read this article I posted.  It explains the 333 and the 63.  I tried 100 and 63 and found that 63 ran smoother.

This is an old file that I found years ago.  Some of the video settings has changed but it still gives you a great read about why and how to amend your config_mp.cfg file.

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51&Itemid=63

• Like 2

I think the dude confused maxpackets and packetdups but there it is, thanks for sharing Smoke.  Snake, you got to tell me to get on TS if you want to fiddle with you packetdups!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...