SCRIM PRACTICE

I like Super Kitten Brigade and Breakfast Machine as scrim team names. Although I like the ` symbol separating the scrim name and actual name more than the |. Some examples:

SkB`Fluffy or bM`Bacon

Another way that would be cool is to do it like:

|SkB|Fluffy or |bM|Bacon

EDIT: The more I think about it the more I actually like Breakfast Machine, as well as the name Bacon. :P

Even more edits: On the topic of strats, check out these. They are slightly old, but still pretty relevant. Specifically for crash are these two videos: Defense Offense And then this map.

lol edit #3: Found a really cool config you guys might like. Designed to have the absolute best visibility in promod while still keeping great fps. I am able to stay at 250 fps with it. :D

Anyways check it out here and here. If you guys want it I can upload it and give directions on how to install it correctly (it took me a while to get right :P).

Very useful links Tomato. You should post how to install the config here, even though the game looks like oldschool CS now, it has a major visibility difference. Definitly seems useful.

Okay, added an attachment with the need files. Get ready for one hell of an explanation.

1. First you should go to your current config file (incase you don't know, it'll be located somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare 1.7\players\profiles\[your ingame name]) and rename it from config_mp.cfg to config_mp.bkup incase for some reason mine doesn't work.

2. Next drag the config_mp.cfg from the zip file into the same folder.

3. Now go to the main folder in your CoD directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare 1.7\main) and put all the other configs in that folder.

4. Now you should start up CoD and change the name, since it'll still be set to mine :P, and all your controls and stuff. You can also do all this by editing the config file if you know how.

5. Now go to an empty ProMod server. Everything will probably look weird. Hit M and then 5 to open the ProMod graphics menu and make sure Film Tweaks is set to On and change the Lighting until it is set to Off. You will have to re-do this on lots of different servers since they use different ProMod versions and don't share settings.

6. Use the F1-F5 keys to use the correct color config for each map. It'll say error but it is actually working, the error is just there to show you which config you used.

And that's it. Hopefully you can follow the directions and get it to work. :D

Also, just a side note about some promod controls in this config. Left Arrow key selects assault class, Down Arrow selects Spec Ops, Right Arrow selects Sniper, and Up Arrow switches between smoke and flash grenade.

ProMod Config.zip

Just wondering, is there a certain server you guys always play on? I think it would be nice to sort of have a dedicated pub to go to and maybe we'd see each other on sometimes.

Just wondering, is there a certain server you guys always play on? I think it would be nice to sort of have a dedicated pub to go to and maybe we'd see each other on sometimes.

The promod server I frequent was posted somewhere here before. Can't remember which topic though, so I'll try to post it when I get the IP for it.

Also, I have been thinking about the scrim team name and I sort of think maybe we shouldn't do any sort of themed scrim name. I just think it would be easier and more convenient.

Ok, if I pass my dad's little "examination" over how well I did at school while he was gone (which I should. I've managed to weasel myself out of stuff like this before) we should have a server for next week.

If we do, I'm going to want to test everyones reaction time and aim with either an assault rifle or a smg, their choice. The test will be 3 runs. The person being tested will have to try to shoot and kill a person who comes around a corner as fast as they can. The person could lean peek, they could do a corner jump, they could run right out, they could crouch walk out, they could prone walk out, they might even flash first, in which case you might want to be prepared to whip around in the other direction to minimize the effects of the flash.

Either way, this will help me better understand people's weapon preferences, their aiming ability and reaction time, and a few other key details about each player.

The reverse will also happen afterwards, where you go around the corner and try to kill a person as fast as you can, weapon of your choice again. Your target could be behind cover, he could be standing out in the open, he could be proned, crouched, peeking, who knows. You can toss toss a flash around the corner for only 1 of the runs, but it will count against you, doubley so if you accidently flash yourself in the process.

Your target will fire back a second after spotting you in both scenarios, which is a fairly generous amount of time.

If I screw up with my weaseling though, bear with me for a little bit, or hope dare gives credit xD

Practice will be at normal times should no problems arise.

I'm assuming we'll all be getting full admin right? We'll need it if we want to go in there by ourselves and practice nades or jumps.

You can always practice in devmap, but I see no reason why everyone can't have admin unless a massive kick fest goes on.

You can always practice in devmap, but I see no reason why everyone can't have admin unless a massive kick fest goes on.

Well, I think we could just not give anybody the ability to kick/ban because it will be private we won't need those. The important thing is I think just being able to change to strat mode and change maps for everyone.

:D 1 thing... i dont really think that that practice thing is neccesary. because it really doesnt show the ability of a player imo. i think once we get 5v5 and me and malo sepccing give teams strats and see how each player stays to strat as well as how well they do. your idea i dont think is a good one because its not natural and also it leaves out the most important part of cod4 which in my honest opinion is map running. u could have jesus reflexes but if someone gets behind u and you dont notice ur done.

:D 1 thing... i dont really think that that practice thing is neccesary. because it really doesnt show the ability of a player imo.

It's not ability I'm looking at, though it is something I'll pick up in the process.

This helps me see who's a better defensive player, a better offensive player, who uses their headset, possibly how well you jump, weapon preferences, individual thinking and planning, and a shitload of other stuff.

i think once we get 5v5 and me and malo sepccing give teams strats and see how each player stays to strat as well as how well they do. your idea i dont think is a good one because its not natural and also it leaves out the most important part of cod4 which in my honest opinion is map running. u could have jesus reflexes but if someone gets behind u and you dont notice ur done.

It's perfectly natural. SnD isn't limited to just map running. While movement is a key aspect of CoD4, so is being able to hold a point and attack a point. Like I said before, this helps me see who's better offensivly and defensivly. Also, sometimes you know there's a person around the corner waiting for you, or ready to run out. Therefore it's only fair that I see how you would react in a situation where you know roughly the enemy position, but you don't know how he's going to attack or where exactly he's hiding.

And strats are only good once everyone has a set role to play in them. Because of that, I don't want to give a more offensive role to a player that can keep a point under control, and I don't want to put a trigger happy player like you in a defensive role. The only way I can find this out is by testing your strengths in each play style.

Believe me Fred, I've thought through this, and I know it's not completely accurate, but it's a controlled test where I can easily compare players in a rough mold. Which helps build structure, which is what this team needs before it goes into the subtler details.