SCRIM PRACTICE

Pegasus I would love to have you come and practice with us. I've spec'd you before and your really good. You would provide even more tough competition in practices.

ahh..sorry about last night..I was going to get on Vent and play with you guys.but my baby daughter(3 months old) needed my attention..sometimes you see me on the server spectating 'cause that...I'll try to make it later on. :thanks for the invite

yea we have a preatty talented team. the only thing we lack is experiance. if i remember right im the only one on the team with 5+ scrim matches. other than that we have a solid team.

ahhh..I had alot of exp for scrim matches.. also been to local tourment too..maybe I can give you guys some hints or advise

As long as you have a 1.7 patch CoD4, and get on our ventrillo channel at least to listen in, anybody is welcome to jump in... except trolls and hackers... but I haven't heard anything bad about you yet. :P

almost forgot to tell you..I'm not a troll or hacker...just a "NOOB"...LMAO :lol:

try to make the practice today it is at 8 est.

also come on.. wtf i think your prioritys need to be checked. you care about ur daughter more than the scrim team? lmao its fine thanks for telling us you had a reason you didnt just skip to skip.

i may not be able to make it tonite because i have to go to dinner at 6. i might be late but i should at the very latest be back at 9

Edited by fred

i may not be able to make it tonite because i have to go to dinner at 6. i might be late but i should at the very latest be back at 9

I am in a situation to pick between COD or my GF.

I really wanna make the practise tonight but cant ditch her, on going out tonite ! I ll see what I can do.

Sorry if i cant make it.

ahh..sorry about last night..I was going to get on Vent and play with you guys.but my baby daughter(3 months old) needed my attention..sometimes you see me on the server spectating 'cause that...I'll try to make it later on. :thanks for the invite

ahhh..I had alot of exp for scrim matches.. also been to local tourment too..maybe I can give you guys some hints or advise

almost forgot to tell you..I'm not a troll or hacker...just a "NOOB"...LMAO :lol:

UR very good PEGASUS.

U are one of those few players who make me think " WTF, why cant I kill him ".............. U must be running a good RIG, cause the ease u play with and still owning everyone, Sniping with ACOG and making smooth shots ............ and just PURE Rape with SMG......is just amazing !

Of course ur extremely skilled but in COD if u combine a Good PC and a Good Player, ur pretty much unstoppable.

On the side note since U said ur very exp., I would like to know What does punkbuster command PB_SLEEP 500 does ???

MY game seems to lag in a pattern every 30 seconds or so......... so I changed PB_sleep from 20 to 500, not sure if i did it correctly.

I just hate seeing the screen go messy and next moment I m dead :(

UR very good PEGASUS.

U are one of those few players who make me think " WTF, why cant I kill him ".............. U must be running a good RIG, cause the ease u play with and still owning everyone, Sniping with ACOG and making smooth shots ............ and just PURE Rape with SMG......is just amazing !

Of course ur extremely skilled but in COD if u combine a Good PC and a Good Player, ur pretty much unstoppable.

On the side note since U said ur very exp., I would like to know What does punkbuster command PB_SLEEP 500 does ???

MY game seems to lag in a pattern every 30 seconds or so......... so I changed PB_sleep from 20 to 500, not sure if i did it correctly.

I just hate seeing the screen go messy and next moment I m dead :(

You're a really good player too..maybe there are a few things you didn't notice during the game..now..thats my secret.. ;)

PB_SLEEP

Holds the period of time (milliseconds) that PunkBuster "sleeps" between processing cycles.

Not sure if you are running wireless..but if you are..try this

In XP there was a setting where the wireless connection wizard automatically searched for new connections every 60 seconds, which was easily fixable in the settings tab. Vista is a bit more complicated in that it has a disable for that setting in the menu, yet it seems as if it still does it, even with it disabled. It does improve your "problem with your connection" thing, but it doesn't alleviate the problem. I would suggest disabling this option in the menu, and see how far that gets you. . Right click on your wireless connection, and turn off "automatically search for new networks" le

I'm a computer tech..but I don't have the greatest computer like other people..personal opinion. why spend extra money to get those if the rig is good enough to handle all the games..

my game machine

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits - 64bits has problems with some games

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00GHz

4GB DDR3 - of course 3G useable..another G is reserve for other thing

2 X 150GB HD..not raid

ATI HD4850 1GB

Edited by Pegasus

Why is it we practice on ProMod 2.06? As far as I can tell the most recent official version is 2.04.

Also, anybody know when we're getting the server up? And will it be public or private?

You're a really good player too..maybe there are a few things you didn't notice during the game..now..thats my secret.. ;)

PB_SLEEP

Holds the period of time (milliseconds) that PunkBuster "sleeps" between processing cycles.

Not sure if you are running wireless..but if you are..try this

In XP there was a setting where the wireless connection wizard automatically searched for new connections every 60 seconds, which was easily fixable in the settings tab. Vista is a bit more complicated in that it has a disable for that setting in the menu, yet it seems as if it still does it, even with it disabled. It does improve your "problem with your connection" thing, but it doesn't alleviate the problem. I would suggest disabling this option in the menu, and see how far that gets you. . Right click on your wireless connection, and turn off "automatically search for new networks" le

I'm a computer tech..but I don't have the greatest computer like other people..personal opinion. why spend extra money to get those if the rig is good enough to handle all the games..

my game machine

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits - 64bits has problems with some games

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00GHz

4GB DDR3 - of course 3G useable..another G is reserve for other thing

2 X 150GB HD..not raid

ATI HD4850 1GB

Nice !

Yea may be if i keep play against u , i lll catch ur secret soon !

Anyways i have wired net, but i think the problem might be with my processor which is pentium D 2.8 ghz, the reason every 60 sec. my screen goes messy, not all the time, just every 60 sec or so in a pattern, not sure if its the processor, coz i hv eliminated all other sources.

And MALO, sorry for Hijacking the thread, I ll make sure i attend the next scrim :)

Why is it we practice on ProMod 2.06? As far as I can tell the most recent official version is 2.04.

Taken off the TWL rule book for ProMod SnD Ladder:

Game: Call of Duty

Game Version: 1.7

GameType: Search and Destroy (SD)

Mod(s): ProModlive v2.06 NA

ProMod Mode Command: /rcon exec twl_ladder_promod.cfg

Website's probably out of date.

That's really weird, because that's the website for the guys that actually develop the mod.

Edit: Maybe they have a slightly customized version of the mod for TWL?

Edited by Tomato

Please take time to read the thread, it saves me from having to repeat myself again and again and again and again.

Anybody can join in if they have the 1.7 patch, and join on Ventrillo during the practice time.

---Scrim Team Name Information (READ AND REPLY BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE NAME AND YOU DON'T SPEAK NOBODY WILL KNOW)--

Now, I know Fred doesn't like this (it's not gay damnit), but Caboose, Zombie, Tomato, and me thought Super Kitten Brigade would be a nice team name with the tags SkB|

And you'd use a kitten name for your scrim name. Example, Caboose wants the name Oreo, Zombie's using Muffin, and last I saw Tomato was using Fluffy. I was jumping between Mittens and Minou. Fred took a disney reference to the lion Scar because he doesn't want to seem gay, but at least it's a cat.

It's adorable =3 and nothing is more humuliating than getting beaten down by a bunch of kittens.

We also discussed Breakfast Machine as a name, where everyone has a scrim name of a breakfast food. BM|Sausage for example.

Input from everyone else would be nice, as this isn't a final decision (but I will be running around with SkB as my tags in Steam for a LOOONNNNGGGGG time regardless of whether or not it's officiated). Not gonna force a scrim name on everyone which nobody likes.

--Scrim Practice Times and Information on Private Servers (AGAIN READ BECAUSE IT CONTAINS INFORMATION ABOUT NEXT PRACTICE AND A REQUEST FOR OUR FIRST PRIVATE SERVER PRACTICE)

And like before, scrim will be at 8 PM EST on Friday and Saturday. We'll have to use public servers for a little while longer, as my dad went to Canada for the week so I can't get PayPal payments started, but once we have a private server I'll want some detailed plans created for both attack and defense. First practice we'll be doing in a private server will be on Crash, so come up with 4 detailed strategies, one for attacking A, one for attacking B, one for total defense of either A or B, and one for a broad defense of both A and B.

I like Super Kitten Brigade and Breakfast Machine as scrim team names. Although I like the ` symbol separating the scrim name and actual name more than the |. Some examples:

SkB`Fluffy or bM`Bacon

Another way that would be cool is to do it like:

|SkB|Fluffy or |bM|Bacon

EDIT: The more I think about it the more I actually like Breakfast Machine, as well as the name Bacon. :P

Even more edits: On the topic of strats, check out these. They are slightly old, but still pretty relevant. Specifically for crash are these two videos: Defense Offense And then this map.

lol edit #3: Found a really cool config you guys might like. Designed to have the absolute best visibility in promod while still keeping great fps. I am able to stay at 250 fps with it. :D

Anyways check it out here and here. If you guys want it I can upload it and give directions on how to install it correctly (it took me a while to get right :P).

Edited by Tomato