Random Power Cuts and Restarts!

Elf

I'm getting the old "Kernel Event ID 41"   

Well also my sleep status is not kicking in and not going to sleep with the computer. Getting these once a week now.  Time for a new PSU  

I would like getting same 750 watts.

EVG one

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-110-B1-0750-VR/dp/B00K85X23O/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1447635237&sr=1-3&refinements=p_89%3AEVGA%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A6906986011

Or This one:

Corsair....  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RJZQSW?colid=1T9WUTTXXWI4G&coliid=I26PQQETKRCN1L&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the input too!

Elf

• Leader

I'm getting the old "Kernel Event ID 41"   

Well also my sleep status is not kicking in and not going to sleep with the computer. Getting these once a week now.  Time for a new PSU  

You are getting that "Kernel Event" in the middle of a session?  I googled that, too, and first found was the MS page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504  that lists more possiblities than that below.

" An underpowered or failing power supply may cause this behavior. For example, if you added RAM or additional devices or hard disks when this problem began, the power supply may cause the problem."

Do you have Windows set to sleep when the power button is pushed?  If that is failing to sleep when you push the button sometimes and the system power quits sometimes, I would wonder about that power switch.  It could be acting like you are holding the button down for four seconds sometimes and cutting the power to the system.  I would disconnect the switch and run the system for a while to see what happens.   :)

That switch is one thing that possibly connects the two symptoms that you mentioned.  (Other than the OS, the BIOS, the Mobo and the RAM, that is.   :unsure: )

I would check out the other possibilities on that page before buying a new PSU.  (Unless you already wanted a new PSU, that is. :) )

• Like 1

I checked my Mobo and Ram with the memory check, all good.  I checked the BIOS again and ran system with the BIOS utility and updated it.  So 100% percent sure its the PSU 

Thanks Red

Have fun!