The Expendables 4 Confirmed

Night Hunter

They're not getting any younger, but the veteran action stars of The Expendables look set to return for another movie. Variety have confirmed that The Expendables 4 is set to film next year, for a 2017 release.

2950043-expendables.jpg

Even though 2014's The Expendables 3 made less than either of its predecessors, a sizeable proportion of the total gross was taken in China. This has led to considerable Chinese investment in a fourth movie, with SSXH Beijing and Max Screen Film Distribution putting more than $25 million into the production.

The disappointing box office performance of The Expendables 3, which starred Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, and Mel Gibson, has been put down to a combination of the film leaking early onto the Internet, and the decision to make it a PG-13 rather than the R rating of the previous films. In an interview with CraveOnline last year, Stallone admitted that it was a mistake to aim for a lower rating.

"I believe it was a horrible miscalculation on everyone's part in trying to reach a wider audience," he said. "And in doing such, diminish the violence that the audience expects. I'm quite certain it won't happen again."

"In an R-rated film it is difficult to believe that none of the heroes die. I personally just believe that the characters become identifiable and their demise could put a dark cloud over an audience exiting the theatre after seeing the film. But that may change in Expendables 4."

• Like 4

Cool! I liked the 3 previous ones. weak scenarios but a big casting of great actors+action+funny dialogues each time.. So, a good entertainment to not miss.

I'm curious who will be bad character :D

Any actor from his generation with this image of bad boy and with the need to revive his career.. So, might be Mikey Rourke, Mister T., so on.. :D

edit: btw could be nice to see a woman\great actress in this role.. like Sigourney Weaver for example.. :P

Edited by Ann!b@l

Any actor from his generation with this image of bad boy and with the need to revive his career.. So, might be Mikey Rourke, Mister T., so on.. :D

edit: btw could be nice to see a woman\great actress in this role.. like Sigourney Weaver for example.. :P

Mickey Rourke was in Expendables 1  :spank 

Mickey Rourke was in Expendables 1  :spank 

hahaha true! The kind of mentor with his white cowboy hat and tatoos!

Anyway I guess you understood the idea of what kind of actors possible. :P

Edited by Ann!b@l

hahaha true! The kind of mentor with his white cowboy hat and tatoos!

Anyway I guess you understood the idea of what kind of actors possible. :P

Yep i know....

But i would like see as bad ass maybe steven seagal :D

Anni i think U forgot that too. Wesley Snipes "doc" was in Expendables 3 :D

Oooh shit.. lol At least, I got a good reason to watch it again! lol

I knew U say that :D:spank 

or wait until the 4th and do a theme evening in order to watch them all like I often do with such series of good movies. :P

2017... baaah, way too much to wait! :s

Edited by Ann!b@l

or wait until the 4th and do a theme evening in order to watch them all like I often do with such series of good movies. :P

2017... baaah, way too much to wait! :s

Only 2 years :D or less :D