How did you start ET?

Sonofdoc

My kid started playing with her fellow cadets at West Point back in 2007.  She got me playing when on leave that summer.  She stopped playing when she was commissioned in the Army in 2009 and I just kept playing--was owner of a couple of clans (Google and Phoenix)----so started at the age of 48 and still playing at almost 57 :)

Edited by Shogun!

I don't know how old i was anymore. But a friend came to my house said he had a awesome game so I installed it on mu dad's pc. ( My dad didn't liked it because he lost his own pc from morning till late midday ofc on the free days) So i played on alot of diffrent servers. Till another friend wich i made him play ET came to me with a server with a Vietnam Mod, some people might know this server. After a while the server went down and I was busy with school.

Afther that i came around begin 2012 on the Fearless Assasins servers, i played for a while and made a application. But because of school and internet problems by our provider i couldn't play anymore. Since i'm doing a education wich is too easy i got more free time. so installed Wolfenstein ET again, received my forum account back and enjoying the server and the community. 

this is my story.

bought myself Rtcw for christmas 2001

"Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a first-person shooter video game published by Activision and originally released on November 19, 2001 for Microsoft Windows and subsequently for PlayStation 2, Xbox, Linux and Macintosh. The single player game was developed by Gray Matter Interactive and Nerve Software developed its multiplayer mode. id Software, the creators of Wolfenstein 3D, oversaw the development and were credited as executive producers. The multiplayer side eventually became the most popular part of the game, and was influential in the genre. Splash Damage, an independently owned game developer in London, created some of the maps for the Game of the Year edition. Splash Damage also developed a downloadable multi-player only sequel called Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, which is one of the most popular free downloadable games on the internet.[2] A further sequel, titled Wolfenstein, was released on August 18, 2009."

was avid q3 player before this, and as it uses same game engine it seemd like a good natural progression.

stopped using internet for about  8 years, when i come back i was a cs noob. then happened by chance to bump into an old friend in the street + they asked me if i still played wolf:ET and then i remembered about it, and been here ever since :D

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

Once, when I was looking for games on some place like Pirate Bay or something ,I came across RTCW. After playing the single player mode a few times, I decided to try multiplayer. Loved it! but stopped playing after a few momths and lost the download for the game. A few years later, 2006, I went to find it again and accidentally downloaded W:ET, not realizing it wasn't RTCW until I installed it. I've been hooked ever since. The first servers I played on were Beer and Pizza Clan, Heavy Metal clan and sexMAD clan's servers. I loved Staat Shultz (SIC?) too but was always so crowded. Eventually, I joined sM Clan and the rest is history. Became leader of that clan, Started Little Bastards clan which for a while was the busiest ET Pro server, until YCN-Hosting had the drives corrupted and that gave Nbs the opportunity to take the top spot. After that I was offered ET Division ownership from Woooo at Nbs and ran that for a few years until Nbs did the stupidest thing, and disbanded. (The Nbs you see now on ET Pro is not the same Nbs). I restarted LB clan again, but ET was dying by then and only a select few servers were still active, plus the ET Pro community had become unbearable, so for the last 3 or 4 years, I've played mostly, now only, FA servers.

I miss the good old days though, a lot!

• Like 1