[New map release] - Western Beta 1

Sage

Nice map with many suprises:) in one building on the roof is funny shooter. Well done!

Thanks! Glad you like it! :)

this looks awesome! can't wait to try it out. Thanks DD for putting it on the servers! 

Thanks! Hope you can enjoy it.

I liked the map until I found out the whole trickjump part underground.

It seems like it doesn't understand its focus.

Personally I think it would be a great frag map.

But then there is also an objective (which doesn't seem to be all that much)

Then there is the trickjump part which is cool just do not think it is good for our type of servers(At least not our objective servers) it distracts from the map. (Most people haven't found it yet)

I think they clay shooting and stuff like that also distracts from the game a little but its still funny

Anyway my conclusion is that it isn't a fit for the servers I play on (silent and hardcore) ill let other people give their input on the other servers.

If you were to focus on one element I think it would be better.

Thank you very much!  :)  I really appreciate that you actually took your time to think about the problems and even told it straigth to me! This is the first public version of the map and it is trying to find the right direction. So it is very important for me to hear your feedback.

You are very right with your feedback. The focus seems to be undercover.

The starting point for this project was to have a map you would not get so bored in while waiting for other players but in a way it actually could be played too. The main priority is however the objective game in about 2-20 player servers for an average round. I have noticed too that players get distracted even thought the extra stuff should be ignored during normal games. I think I will disable the Mini games and trickjump area etc. under some condition. Perhaps if the server had 8 players or maybe if the first dynomite is planted, then all the extra stuff should be disabled.

Now that I have agreed with you on focusing in one element, that is objective game, I would really appreciate if you would tell me what kind of changes are needed for the objective game to be more fitting for you. Assuming that we still target for the 2-20 player range (or max 32 if there are lots of bots). For big servers there are a lot of maps, but for smaller servers there are not much that are action filled.

• Like 2

Glad you understand, is it possible for a mapmaker to limit map things based on players? I wasn't aware of this I think more maps should make use of it if so. :D

I will have to play the map a little more, I only played it once and watched others play it once. When I played allies only a few people made it to objective and was pretty easy to stop them from getting anywhere, so I am not sure if there is any more to the objective than I saw.

When I see it being played I will play it with objective focus in mind.

• Like 1

Glad you understand, is it possible for a mapmaker to limit map things based on players? I wasn't aware of this I think more maps should make use of it if so. :D

I will have to play the map a little more, I only played it once and watched others play it once. When I played allies only a few people made it to objective and was pretty easy to stop them from getting anywhere, so I am not sure if there is any more to the objective than I saw.

When I see it being played I will play it with objective focus in mind.

Thank you a lot mate!

Well it is not so obvious as it sounds but it is possible to sort of fake the player count some way. But I will probably go with the safest and simplest way that is obvious to players too. Probably will disable the minigames when the first dynomite pack is dropped on the door. I will have to experiment with this a bit first, but I can sure limit the usage of all the minigames.

Mind telling me about how many players there were please? How much arty and panzer was there? I think the more players and more heavy weapons, the harder the objective becomes. I have not figured out yet, if and how it should be improved. Might require bigger changes in the map layout or atleast some additional cover from arty.

For objectives there is a dynomitable door, then total of 3 stealable objectives, then one constructible and finally 30 second timer switch that can be enabled/disabled. So there is basicly 6 objective stages before the round is finished.

Well there were about 10 vs 10 at the moment I was on. Mostly focus was on the middle church bell building. I didn't notice the arty/panzer being too much of a problem. I don't think axis ever successfully secured even one objective though, so from sounds of it they had a long ways to go, seems pretty hard for them seeing how allies can just keep reinforcing that point since their spawn has a direct view of it and they can gun anyone down that comes out of that openable door at the church. (Maybe that wall right at door of allies side of church could be dynamited then reconstructed by allies then satchel objective from then, I am loading map up on my local server atm will give more details)

Also the underground thing being able to get from axis side to allies side would be cool if its not there already. (haven't played axis yet)

(Again disclaimer I have barely played it, but just trying to give my input)

Thats all Ive got now :D

(Maybe that wall right at door of allies side of church could be dynamited then reconstructed by allies then satchel objective from then

Also the underground thing being able to get from axis side to allies side would be cool if its not there already. (haven't played axis yet)

Thanks again mate!

I am not sure of which spot you mean for the wall satchel objective. :(

Actually the underground caves were originally meant to be a route. Then I got carried away with it (Trickjumps..). There is actually a lever to open the hatch doors at the hanging spot. So basicly you can currently get down to the caves from the hanging spot, but cannot get up from there. You must crouch under the hanging spot to open it. But nobody really found it yet. Perhaps I will make it permanently open.

Lol I was just searching how to get in through there.

post-5092-0-79274500-1440622358_thumb.jpg

This is where I mean.

It might be nice for axis to be able to get through that way I am not sure.

Some other small details:

I don't get the best of FPS but I am on terrible computer. The scrim maps I get a decent enough FPS on. But on this map I get about the same FPS as a fueldump sized map, which doesn't seem right.

The objective room seems kind of empty and dark (especially upstairs)at least compared to the bar. :D

The church tower second ladder is kind of in an odd spot you have to turn around and basically go over the first ladder. (maybe move second ladder to other side.)

Thats all I can think of ATM.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol I was just searching how to get in through there.

attachicon.gif2015-08-26-154033-western.jpg

This is where I mean.

It might be nice for axis to be able to get through that way I am not sure.

Some other small details:

I don't get the best of FPS but I am on terrible computer. The scrim maps I get a decent enough FPS on. But on this map I get about the same FPS as a fueldump sized map, which doesn't seem right.

The objective room seems kind of empty and dark (especially upstairs)at least compared to the bar. :D

The church tower second ladder is kind of in an odd spot you have to turn around and basically go over the first ladder. (maybe move second ladder to other side.)

Thats all I can think of ATM.

Thanks a lot mate! I will try to fix these issues for the next version! :P

• Like 1