True Detective

audrey

So season 2 of True Detective started airing, with the 1st episode aired 21st of June. I forgot a bit about this show though I came to IMDb countless times to see when will they air season 2. And I forgot until now and checked it, now I'm so happy it started!
Wanted to share with you.
I searched for TD in this section, I was so surprised when I didn't find it. Anyways guys, here's a True Detective IMDb link, check it out.

Season one aired in 2014 starring Matthew McConaughey as Rust Cohle and Woody Harrelson as Marty Hart as main characters. They both did a wonderful job and Matthew went out of his comfort zone and romantic comedies in such an exquisite way, it was truly a delight to watch him like that. Woody is brilliant as always. Genre is a mix between crime, mystery and drama. It's not a cop show of any sorts, it's much more. Season 1 has 8 episodes, duration about an hour each.
Here's a short plot summary of season 1 by IMDb:

In 2012, Louisiana State Police Detectives Rust Cohle and Martin Hart are brought in to revisit a homicide case they worked in 1995. As the inquiry unfolds in present day through separate interrogations, the two former detectives narrate the story of their investigation, reopening unhealed wounds, and drawing into question their supposed solving of a bizarre ritualistic murder in 1995. The timelines braid and converge in 2012 as each man is pulled back into a world they believed they'd left behind. In learning about each other and their killer, it becomes clear that darkness lives on both sides of the law.

Season 2 has whole different story and plot, and different cast.

So any of you watched it? Whatcha think?

• Like 1

I personally like season one very much so far!, Collin Farrel and Vince Vaughn do some great acting. I especially like the dark and gritty setting of the new storyline. I'm very bad on reviews so I'll leave it at that ;) But OMG at the end of ep02, does he survive????

Doubt it, he's blasted with the damn shotgun in the belly LOL, i didn't expect that either.

I like season 1 much more too still :)

• Like 1

I rarely look forward to watching TV but the 1st season of True Detective was creepy, mild to moderately disturbing but totally addicting.  Each week it left me with an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach that was just weird and awesome.  Rust Cohle has to have been one of the most interesting characters I've ever come across whether in print, TV or on film.  He was dark, smart, slightly crazy with lots and lots of layers .  He basically was just all kinda of f***ed up and always seemed to be a millimeter away from becoming the one of the people that he was chasing.   

Season 2 has started out slow and relatively common.  I'm with Audrey though, Collin Farrel is done - having 4 main characters was gonna be tough to keep going.  There's certainly some potential for some freaky sh*t to happen but at this point I can't see it coming close to season 1.  

**Wasn't that raven mask that the shooter was wearing also shown in the first season??

**Wasn't that raven mask that the shooter was wearing also shown in the first season??

Oh. Maybe. I didn't think of that. But there's NO WAY it's somehow related to the plot of the first season. That would be the worst thing.

Season 2, meh. It's very slow, nothing happens. There's not much of the freaky shite we seen in season 1, and I was looking forward to dark, freeky shite :)

But lots of things can happen, let's see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap....

That sucks. I guess one of them had to go. Just getting good now that the seasons almost over .