Get Windows 10 Yes/NO

redy.

The question remains- are you allowed\able to revert\rollback\downgrade to win8\7 or does win10 be associated with new\previous key and the win8\7 licnense will be terminated?

And about the lifetime win10 service, maybe it holds up for 5-7 years and even unix based LTS systems have new versions out by then. Really doubt it will be any different, especially if a clean reinstallation works always better than major kernel updates(win10)...

hahah.. I looked and see I turned of auto windows update 2 years ago on my win 7 pc...it says last update in 2013...i only download security updates thru another program. I forgot about it...

Edited by Raskin

• Leader

The question remains- are you allowed\able to revert\rollback\downgrade to win8\7 or does win10 be associated with new\previous key and the win8\7 licnense will be terminated?

And about the lifetime win10 service, maybe it holds up for 5-7 years and even unix based LTS systems have new versions out by then. Really doubt it will be any different, especially if a clean reinstallation works always better than major kernel updates(win10)...

Xernicus said elsewhere that if you keep your win7 installation (folders & files )then, you can roll back the win10 installation.  I would guess that the win10 installer will ask that question:  "keep or delete your win7 install".  I think that I will use MS Backup to copy it all to DVDs, just to be safe!

BTW, I opened Windows Update from my Control Panel today to check for Patch Tuesday downloads, and it had a big notification saying that my Windows 10 was Reserved.  That's another way to confirm you Reservation.   :)

• Like 1