First Attempt

MaKy

So I'm trying to learn how to take in game vids and add audio etc. Slowly getting there. This vid once again looks shitty to me on my pc but great on a big screen tv through youtube. So I'm obviously missing something but I'm sure I'll get there. Here is 43sec's of some E.T.

• Like 3

Nice to see people still getting into moviemaking! Try setting custom resolution so you can get HD quality on youtube: r_mode -1, r_customwidth 1920 or 1280 and r_customheight 1080 or 720. Dunno if you've checked crossfire's moviemaking guides yet, but there's plenty of usefull info: http://www.crossfire.nu/tutorials/213/moviemaking-a-z

Keep it up!  :thumbsup

• Like 2

First Full Map. Picked random Muse tunes. Sorry Prowler maybe could of picked better ones.

Well here it is but I've still done something wrong. Shoud of looked like the above vid.

Not very happy with this one but once again looks really good on big screen tv.

• Like 3

Sorry Prowler maybe could of picked better ones.

haha.no way m8...couldnt have done it better myself :)

did a fine job on this vid...alltough the picmip overbrightbits and fov could have been a bit lower :P

but like you sayd...its work in progress so looking forward to the next one :D

good luck....

• Like 1

Still new to it but I'm guessing you mean when I compress them? I was using Adobe Media Encoder but Now I've gone back to Handbrake and my settings look like this.. But I keep trying new ways.

576sn.png

• Like 1

Full Screen Setting on MSI Afterburner. Just another test. Need to do something with thumbnails, they look shit compared to vid.

Nice to see people still getting into moviemaking! Try setting custom resolution so you can get HD quality on youtube: r_mode -1, r_customwidth 1920 or 1280 and r_customheight 1080 or 720. Dunno if you've checked crossfire's moviemaking guides yet, but there's plenty of usefull info: http://www.crossfire.nu/tutorials/213/moviemaking-a-z

Keep it up!  :thumbsup

I entered those settings in E.T console and Oh man!! I've never seen E.T look so good! It is so clear I can't believe it. The intial vids I record are absolutely perfect replics. Now just want to transfer that quality to youtube so I don't have to keep testing. It never occured to me the most important settings would be games settings instead of the programes I used to record and compress the vid. Thank you mate!! Your a legend!

Will post vid shortly.

• Like 1

So interestingly I didn't compress this so I could make a good comparison between the original recording uncompressed ( which looks incredibly good ) and how it appears on youtube and there is definitely still a big loss in quality. Not sure what's happening.