Requiem for a dream

Platonic

The favorite movie topics are all too old, so I better start a new one.

To my surprise there is no topic about requiem for a dream here. It's an older movie, but I feel it deserves its topic.
Watched it yesterday and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't require a movie to be entertaining. Because it's not, at all, entertaining. It's a soul-crushing, gorgeous monster of a film. Topic: addiction/love.
Also, the film music is absolutely fantastic.

Trailer: 

Warning: if you're emotionally unstable, don't watch it. I also recommend you not to read any description. Any description in advance may ruin the beauty of the movie.

• Like 3

Yeah its great movie, first Jared Leto movie what i saw, and Leto is great in this movie, Leto made many great acting performances and this is one of his bests, and this is Best Jennifer Connelly acting performance also, after this movie Jennifer Connelly have been one of my favorite actress, music is great in movie same as story, its sametime beautiful and ugly. Great move what i watch at least once or twice per year!

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

...I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't require a movie to be entertaining. Because it's not, at all, entertaining. It's a soul-crushing, gorgeous monster of a film. Topic: addiction/love.

Also, the film music is absolutely fantastic.

Totally agree! It's amazing, I love Darren Aronofsky´s movies.

I recommend it also Pi, The Wrestler and Black Swan!

• Like 1

Yeah its great movie, first Jared Leto movie what i saw, and Leto is great in this movie, Leto made many great acting performances and this is one of his bests, and this is Best Jennifer Connelly acting performance also, after this movie Jennifer Connelly have been one of my favorite actress, music is great in movie same as story, its sametime beautiful and ugly. Great move what i watch at least once or twice per year!

That's one of the great things about the movie. Actors are playing wonderful roles and still the movie could be called a directors film.

It was my first watch but definitely not my last.

Totally agree! It's amazing, I love Darren Aronofsky´s movies.

I recommend it also Pi, The Wrestler and Black Swan!

Will remember them, added to my list of suggestions :)