Tuning your monitor really helps...

Ol Smoke

I have a Samsung monitor and I have never really had any problems with it.  But, after reinstalling Win7 and everything, I noticed that it was using PnP for a monitor.

So I went to Samsung and got the correct driver for it.  After installing the driver, I really didn't see any difference.  But, then I found this little tuning program had been

added to Windows.  So I went into the program and it had all these testing and setting things in there.  So I played around with it.

One of the things that I found was an adjuster for the Gamma setting.  So I did that.  Then it went into contrast, brightness, and finally Clear text.

I cannot believe the difference in this monitor now.  It is sharper, brighter, and clearer than it has ever been.  I was really having a problem with the text I was

seeing on sites.  It seemed just a little blurry and the font seemed to lose the edges of the letters.  But now it is so clear that it seems like I have a new Rx

for glasses.

I know I should have been doing this a long time ago, seeing as how I am a PC tech, but it always seemed okay to me.  So all I am trying to say on here, is that

you should check the maker site of your monitor and see if there is a program like this for yours.

**One real big thing I saw after setting the monitor was the difference in the pictures, I have on here, that I have taken over the years.  They look so much better

now.

I know....  dumbass right?

• Like 1

Installed driver\program on PC for my LG IPS and messed around with settings, didn´t see any improvemeants. Though my monitor has 3 factory profiles and 1 user profile stored on monitor, that time invested in messing with settings was worth it till now(2-3 years).