Jackable jack-stands

RedBaird

• Leader

I have not seen any like this before, so I post a pic and their site here:  http://jalopnik.com/these-awesome-jack-stands-will-transform-the-way-you-wo-1680463970 Their Youtube video shows how they work.

urql4eu8f3gwi92invtw.png

I made drive-up-on ramps from 4- 2"x10" - 10' boards.

You start by cutting the boards into 4', 3', 2'  and 1' pieces. 

Then glue and screw them together like this.

Lay the 4' down and glue and screw the 3' onto it, leaving the back edges even.  That leaves you a 1' area for the tire to rest on.

Then do the same to the 2' and then the 1' section.  When you get done you have either 2 or 4 ramps to drive your car onto.

This will give you about 6" of lift, and by using all 4 you can lift the whole car up.

Here is one that a buddy of mine made from metal.  He made the ramps and the pads where the tires would rest.

He then cut out a 1-1/2" hole in the center of the resting pad on them.  He then made a 1/4" thick steel pad to

put into the pad area on the ramp.  He welded 1/2" high metal bars to the ends of each one.

He welded a 2" long by 1" piece of pipe into the center of removable pad.

He has 4 10-ton hydraulic jacks that he places under the pad area, that go into the pipe on the removable pad.

Once the car is loaded onto the pads, he can then jack up the car to the height he needs. The 1/2" bars help to resist the tire

from rolling off the pad.

All total he put about $200 into the metal.

I have used them several times. They work great.  If you need to have the tire rotate then just use the jacks under the frame

mounts.

These things are sturdy and will hold about 3 tons each.  The nice thing is that they are only about 8" high, so driving up on them

is nice and easy.  The jacks give another 4" of lift, which is plenty.