Explain this problem with Google Chrome...

Ol Smoke

I had terrible luck with IE10 and IE11 on this forum site.  The C&P wouldn't work and sometimes the emoticons didn't work.

I had to switch to compatibility mode to do that, just on this forum site.  IE 11 worked great every where else.

I wanted to stick with IE9 because it worked on this forum and everywhere else, but WIN7 has this problem with IE9.  It

constantly upgrades it, even though I tell WIN7 to not do that.  Whenever I would get a notice to update the WIN7 OS with

updates for security reasons,  there would be IE11 in the mix.  So finally WIN7 told me I couldn't update WIN7 anymore because

I was using IE9.  All further updates would be stopped unless I updated to IE11.  As soon as I did that, the forum stopped working right.

So yesterday,  I removed IE11 and the system reverted back to IE8 (yes IE8).  I cleaned the registry and Windows of IE11.  I did several

checks of IE8 to make sure it was IE8, and it was.  So I downloaded and installed Google Chrome. That was a big mistake. Here is why.

GC took away my ability to pin websites and programs to the taskbar.  It took that over and made it so that when I tried to pin something to

the taskbar,  it pinned it to GC instead.  So instead of clicking on something in the taskbar and having it run, I had to start GC and go to the

menu, and then click on it there.  This is not going to work for me!

Not only did it do that, it also would not allow me to change the font so that I could actually read the letters on the internet sites, and on our

forum.  It was using the smallest font it had.  So I read and read on the net about how to change the screen font in GC.  I found everyone was

talking about the old GC and not this brand new one.  The places they said to go to, weren't there anymore.  I did actually find the font area after

awhile, but guess what?  You can click on those fonts and it will show you that they changed.  But when you actually go to any site, no change.

It changes the font, on the front page of GC, but no where else.

Plus, even though I am using GC and a lot of people on here said it was the best, it wouldn't let me Copy and Paste.  GO FIGURE THAT !

So after about 2 hours of work, I finally got all of GC out of my system, and reinstalled IE11.  In order for me to C&P on here, I have to set IE11

to compatibility mode,  then once I am done, set it back to regular mode, so that all the buttons show up on the pages.

The one thing that I noticed about GC,  it wants to take control of your PC and do everything for you.  All I wanted was a program that would get

me onto the internet and let me C&P on the forum.  Just quick and simple.

I sent this problem to MS a while back and their answer was this:

"Have the Fearless-Assassins update their coding so that it works with the security coding of IE11.  It is this problem that you are experiencing."

"C&P must be allowed to make changes to their posting requirements using our latest coding for access and placement"

With that said,  I would like some of the coding people on here explain this problem to me and help me get this fixed.  Joe Dirt looked at this

problem when it first started, but I never read anything back from him.  That's when people told me to go to GC or Firefox.  Firefox did not fix

the problem with C&P.  But it didn't screw up my PC either.  It just didn't help my problem.

I would like to know what changed in between IE9 and IE10/11 that made C&P not work on here?  The MS boys weren't clear about that.

GC doesn't take away the ability to pin programs to the task bar. Unless I am misunderstanding the problem?

Do you get any error messages?

Edited by ajnl

GC doesn't take away the ability to pin programs to the task bar. Unless I am misunderstanding the problem?

Do you get any error messages?

It took away the ability to pin to the taskbar and instead  put in "pin to Google Chrome".  When right clicking on a website that was all that was there.

It took away the ability to pin to the taskbar and instead  put in "pin to Google Chrome".  When right clicking on a website that was all that was there.

Oh only websites, I thought you meant programs also.