Bilingual People Are Like Brain 'Bodybuilders'

~Sumiko

This might be of interest to some of you since I know we have a fair amount of members in our community who speak more than 1 language. :)

People who speak two languages may have brains that are more efficient at language processing and other tasks, new research suggests.

Full article -> http://www.livescience.com/48721-bilingual-brain-bodybuilders.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To speak an other language is a reall skill i think. And what is when i can write in a language but can't speak it? At exemple i can write in englisch but i have never tried to speak it and i don't think that it would be easy for me.

There are countries where bilingual people are everywhere. In my country all people speak 2 languages, russian and another one. Two nationalities inside a country... We have trilingual people, too. Its normal here))

Edited by jarhead-cod2

• Clan Friend

To speak an other language is a reall skill i think.

Everyone speaks at least one :) when you can do one you can do two, maybe even ten... but of course never at native level, especially when it comes to pronunciation.

And it takes a loong time, especially if you wanna learn something totally different.

You know, that feeling when you look up every single word in a sentence, and you still don't get the freaking meaning? Or even worse, you think it means 'nice to meet you' and instead it means 'fk off you little piece of sh*t'... that might be problematic :D

• Like 1

Everyone speaks at least one :) when you can do one you can do two, maybe even ten... but of course never at native level, especially when it comes to pronunciation.

And it takes a loong time, especially if you wanna learn something totally different.

You know, that feeling when you look up every single word in a sentence, and you still don't get the freaking meaning? Or even worse, you think it means 'nice to meet you' and instead it means 'fk off you little piece of sh*t'... that might be problematic :D

Average amount of languages people speak per country in Europe..

Netherlands is at 3.2 languages on average.

• Like 1