maprushing?

alexkarrasinWEBSTER

Was playing today and a guy got kicked for maprushing. He got objective with about ten minutes left and actually capped it, map was Marackech Streets. I'm assuming this means don't win the game too fast? He had less than 100 xp, so it wasn't some pro. What's the point of having the maps timed if you're not supposed to try to win until the end? We were on allies and the admin who kicked him was axis. Axis was crushing us with the spawn killing. Didn't make sense because 2 maps before that, axis ended the game with about ten minutes left. Is this just some subjective way of letting sore losers kick people because they won the map? Please explain what maprushing is.

It was ETpub, but it was the first map allies won since I had been playing. No warning at all, and as I said, they were crushing us with the spawnkilling. Just seemed alot like sour grapes to me. We came from behind despite the drubbing and he gets kicked? I don't like when the maps are won too quickly either, but there should be a warning as that other thread stated. No big deal, just wish there wasn't a penalty for playing fair and overcoming a better team.

on ETPUB u cant do Rush... set !rush to know morre (in the server ofcourse), anyway.. sometime someone do the rush and u only play 2m of the map.. for that i thinks the !rush rule it's really great... at what do u say about the axis if there were an admin and didnt do nothing... just tell here who was... maybe he didnt know who did... the admin cant be all time watching if u are rushing or not....

later

Rushing is considered if you do the final objective before 40% of total map time has elapsed (for example on oasis, goldrush, or fueldump - total time is 30 minutes so you should wait to blow the last gun till there is less then 18 minutes remaining, bremen or supply - 15 minutes total, after there is 9 minutes remaining it's ok to end). On hardcore server you can end the map anytime, there is no rush rule there, but on all others there is.

• Like 1