Can't play the damned game

CruelKind

Question

For some reason when I try playing CoD lately it locks up the entire machine and I have to do a hard reset. No clue why, or how to discover why. Maybe it'll start working again some day :/

9 answers to this question

What's your system specs? That would be good place to start.

This, plus, have you installed any new programs or updates recently? Like your graphics drivers or anything?

What's your system specs? That would be good place to start.

This, plus, have you installed any new programs or updates recently? Like your graphics drivers or anything?

]

=F|A=CruelKind's Rig

Hardware

Manufacturer

Custom

Processor

Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz (1366 Socket) w/Corsair Hydro Series H70 Liquid CPU Cooler

Memory

12288MB RAM

Hard Drive

10 TB = 5 x 2.0TB SATA HDD

Motherboard

ASUS Sabertooth X58

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)

Video

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

Physics Card

Yes

Monitor

Gateway FHD2400 (24") 1080 HDMI Display

Sound

Sound Card

AMD High Definition Audio

Speakers

Logitech Surround Sound/Tritton AX 180

Peripherals

Keyboard

Steelseries Merc Stealth

Mouse

Madcatz M.M.O. 7

Mouse Surface

Cyborg V.5 17" Gaming Surface Aluminum Mouse Pad

Computer Case

CoolerMaster 922 HAF

As it happens, I am recalling a recent update with the NVIDIA GeForce Experience Software... but I'm reluctant to mess with that :/

Edited by CruelKind

If you can check your event viewer and find the error that happens before your computer freezes/shuts down, that might help identify the problem.

If you're reluctant to reinstall your game (after making back-ups of your profiles ofc), you might try running System Restore and rolling your computer back to a point before you updated.

well I just went in to try and make it crash and it didn't... so wth, idk. I'll try again with TS on, I had TS running the last couple times I crashed. Will update later (tomorrow)

It happened a couple more times, the latest I got a screenshot of the event log (if this is the correct thing to be looking at) but it doesn't clear anything up. Still, here it is

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/CruelKind/ScreenShot1_zps549b585f.gif

bump *still crashing

I spoke with EVGA and by their recommendations, attempted a few different drivers for the GTX 770 (latest released 11.04.14)

I noticed at that time I still had my AMD Catalyst software installed, so I removed all that, and proceeded with a "clean" install of the updated drivers.

After continuing to experience the crash I tried scaling back to a previous driver version, still no joy.

Would appreciate continued efforts to resolve this and thanks in advance.

Edited by CruelKind

That crash log is not referencing any driver or the nvidia software. It is referencing MMC.exe crashing, which is a windows component. Now the driver etc could still be causing it to crash, but we will need more information. Do you have any system restore points that you can go back to, to before the issues started happening?