Gamescom 2014: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes coming to PC

Antimony

mgs5pp.jpg

If you came to me and said that there was an open world stealth game in development about dynamic infiltration of forts, with horses, and a multiplayer meta-game, I’d be giddy. That’s what Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is. That it’s also part of a series I haven’t played since 1998′s Metal Gear Solid, and that it’s burdened – or strengthened – by Hideo Kojima’s batshit lore, only serves to make it more interesting.

At this year’s Gamescom, a new 22 minute demonstration was shown to attendant press, designed to depict how the same missions and multiplayer shown at E3 could be radically different based on the dynamic systems at work. A video of that demo is below, and it contains stealth-enabling horseshit.

There’s no word on when the Phantom Pain will be released on PC, and the MGSV Steam page only says that it’s coming soon. The console release is due before the end of the year, though PC players are due to first receive Ground Zeroes, the strange standalone first part of MGS5 which was released on consoles back in March.

Video

Source:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/22/metal-gear-solid-5-gamescom-trailer/

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...